PDA

View Full Version : SWAG, Baby!!!! . . . Yeee-HA!

BumbleBeeDave
12-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Well, I hope everyone has had a merry holiday so far, with warm fuzzy cuddles, egg nog and stocking stuffers, kisses from sweet little children, and the relaxation of the Christmas spirit.

But, hey, we cyclists know what Christmas is REALLY about . . .

SWAG! FREE STUFF! [COLOR=red]

PILES AND PILES OF CYCLING BOOTY! [COLOR=red]

So cough up, folks! Whaddya got?

Here’s mine:
--LBL DVD from WCP
--Tour de France yellow polo shirt--waay cool!
--Pace skull cap--no do-rag tail and I’ve wanted to try one.
--Topeak Alien RX to replace the $5 POS I’ve been carrying for the past two years.
--Pearl Izumi ninja face mask.
--One of those great Graham Watson posters for framing.
--The Stick, for alternately massaging my aching calves and adjusting Bruce K’s attitude--when I ever finally catch up to him!

No Ottrott with full DA and Topolinos, but hey, I did OK!

BBDave

Kevin
12-25-2003, 02:04 PM
BBDave,

You did pretty well. I got the new ASSOS Rubi jacket with the Serotta 'Credo' design.

I wish you luck on the Ottrott with DA and Topolinos. If you are good you never know what Santa will bring. Santa gave me an Ottrott ST with Record and carbon cranks for Christmas last year. I guess I was a much better boy last year. I got the Topolinos for Father's day. I think the reduction in this year's Christmas gift can be blamed on last year's gifts. I enjoyed the new ride so much that I was always out riding. When you are not home Santa feels neglected and buys smaller gifts. My New Year's resolution will be to find a happy medium between the Ottrott and my wife. Until New Years I will hang out on the forum.

Merry Christmas.

Kevin

Spectrum Bob
12-25-2003, 03:47 PM
I am not doing too badly

So far I got a 7 - 11 jersey and the promise on a Mavic Wintech computer with cadence as soon as my wife can find one.

I also bought myself some am fib gloves as a present to myself.

Happy Holidays

Spectrum Bob

larryp2
12-25-2003, 05:02 PM
really nice warm socks, no underwear though.....

Kevin
12-25-2003, 05:20 PM
ljp,

That is not the visual I wanted on Christmas. Please put some clothes on to go with those socks.

Kevin

victork
12-25-2003, 05:24 PM
SWAG!!! I love SWAG!
Book of the last 100 Years of the Tour De France

Am Fib gloves and Pearl Booties

Suunto Vector Watch with Altimeter

New Oakleys

Now I want to get out a test my new stuff.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Bill Bove
12-25-2003, 05:37 PM
An '03 Record carbon crank, oh yeah!

And I won the ebay auction on a Colorado Al that I'm going to repaint and build up for a friend so she has a nice bike here when she visits (maybe she'll visit more). :banana:

Len J
12-25-2003, 07:35 PM
I did OK.

Assos Posline winter Bib tights. Toasty

Wool Riding Socks

Crank Bos Mini Tool

Assos Base Layer Shirt

New Michelin Pro Race set.

New Wireless Flightdeck Harness & Flightdeck.

My wife is good to me.

Len

Bruce K
12-26-2003, 05:28 AM
I did all right this year:

Mavic Win tech computer with cadence

Craft socks - 2 pairs each - heavy weight and mid weight

Tour de France centennial book

book on training

book on nutrition

box of Tootsie Rolls (get that nutrition started right!)

BK

Climb01742
12-26-2003, 08:37 AM
even though we drive our significant others crazy during the year with cycling, they still give us more cycling stuff at christmas. that is love.

1. topeak prep stand (totally over the top, even has a built-in scale!)

2. four-figure gift certificate to my fav LBS

3. pearlisumi vest

4. bunch o' craft base layer stuff

5. another year of putting up with my "hobby".

:)

Sandy
12-26-2003, 09:04 AM
No wonder I celebrate Chanukah and not Christmas. I decided in the spirit of all the holidays to try the Christmas idea. I bought an expensive tree, decorated it and waited for the presents to come rolling in from Santa. Boy, was I excited waiting. I woke up Christmas morning, ran down to the tree, but sadly saw one lousy package. I noticed that it was moving around and had two legs and high heel shoes. I got even more excited, thinking, perhaps it was M A Martin, a special gift to me. I hurriedly unwrapped that package to grab that lovely gift, but just when I was going to give that lovely lass a thank you kiss, what do you think that I saw???? It wasn't the Gingerbread Lady, but it was naked Calfee Kevan, high heels and all, with a very, very, very, small red ribbon wrapped around his....... Well you get the sick picture.....

Talk about a bitter, bitter disappointment!! It was ugly! Really ugly! Back to Chanukah I go. No more Christmas trees for Sandy!

shazer
12-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Hate to share this with you for fear of being banned from the forum. It's so nice to have a spouse that understands/shares this obsession with me! I got some Topolinos and Purli zumi shorts! I'm such a lucky guy!

shazer:banana:

Kevin
12-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Shazer,

You are going to love the Topolinos, I got them for Father's Day. Best wheels in my stable. Enjoy them.

Kevin

dnovo
12-26-2003, 03:55 PM
My son bought me the 100 Years of the Tour De France book. My wife bought me a Fizik Aliante. My daughter bought me a Fizik Airone. I bought myself a Cannondale Black Lighting (#241 out of 300) in my size off ebay about ten days ago which showed up in time to be put together Christmas eve and after it was 'tuned' for size (new stem), replace some cables, adjust everything, it went out with me for a ride today. (Great time of year to be buying off ebay, lots of goodies for not a whole bunch.)

The Black Lighting is way cool, very light, very fast, very, very stiff, and not as 'punishing' as I thought it would be.

Help, pretty soon I'll be like Shino. First a beer can off ebay, and next a potter's wheel.

Say it ain't so, Shino. Dave N.

Bill Bove
12-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Not really a present, a present to myself. The pawn shop down the strip mall from my shop sold me a Snap-On middle box filled with sockets and wratchets for the 100 dollars that they paid for it. A set of 3/8 thin wall metric and sae, 3/8 deep sockets metric and sae, 3/8 allens in metric, two extensions and a breaker bar. 1/4 metric and sae sockets and allens, two extensions and magnetic trays to keep them all in place. All the sockets and wratchets are in great shape and the box had only a couple NASCAR stickers on it, I peeled them off and put Campy stickers on it.

Ozz
12-27-2003, 09:15 AM
I did really well:

Ultimate Consumer bike stand
Handlebar holder
Park Torque wrench
Park Professional Wheel truing stand
Assos Intermediate jersey
3 pr Pearl Izumi Quest socks

All this was from my in-laws....God Bless them, although I think they went a little insane.

However, the best present was watching my 2 1/2 year old son enjoy Christmas, and asking me to play with him with his new toys.

BumbleBeeDave
12-27-2003, 06:03 PM
<<However, the best present was watching my 2 1/2 year old son enjoy Christmas, and asking me to play with him with his new toys.>>

Can’t top THAT!:p

BBDave