PDA

View Full Version : New favourite doping excuse

flyingscot
06-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Taken from Cycling News:

German Ivonne Kraft has tested positive for the asthma medication Fenoterol after a cyclo-cross race on May 6. The German federation (BDR) has opened proceedings against the 36 year-old, deciding not to wait for the B sample. She faces a six-month suspension.

In a statement, Kraft said that her mother, who suffers from asthma, attended the race, and when she tried to use her medicated spray the bottle exploded and the cyclist must have inhaled the substance at that time.

William
06-19-2007, 07:45 AM
It must have been at about this point that it exploded.... :rolleyes:

http://www.seniorindian.com/images/INHALE.gif

William

Avispa
06-19-2007, 08:07 AM
In a statement, Kraft said that her mother, who suffers from asthma, attended the race, and when she tried to use her medicated spray the bottle exploded and the cyclist must have inhaled the substance at that time.

Ha ha!!! Man, these cyclist should look for comedian jobs after they quit cycling....

I've come to the conclusion that toadys's top amateur and pro cyclists are the most unheathy individuals: They all need some kind of drug or need to be near someone that has/needs a drug, or somebody that has put a drug in what they eat! :eek:

Good job for the German Federation! I'd suspend all these jokers on the spot. No B samples needed in my book. It's just a waste of time/money!

Steelhead
06-19-2007, 08:17 AM
I wish there was a way to get in touch with people like that and tell them what idiots they can be sometimes. Just take your lumps and get on with it. Clean. Seems to be working for David Millar.

harlond
06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Credit where credit is due, not only is it creative, but her corroborating witness is her mother, very reliable.

I was interested by the part of that article where the federation decided to open proceedings BEFORE the B sample was tested. The devotion of the doping authorities to protocol and procedure is . . . well, missing seems to be the right word. I hope she wins.

gt6267a
06-19-2007, 09:15 AM
that is a pretty special excuse, though i do think the powers that b are out or their gourds. why not wait for the B? she already can't race. what do they gain but a loss to their cred?

coylifut
06-19-2007, 12:30 PM
you guys are missing the point. there was a cx race in May!!!!

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
. . . should have just gotten some of those Peruvian "sweets" from Simoni's mom and then she wouldn't care whether she had allergies or not!

BBD

Climb01742
06-19-2007, 03:37 PM
my dog ate my B sample.

and he's now riding up mount ventoux very fast.

Bill Bove
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Or,

My husband has asthma and is taking that medication and I had sex with him recently.

Women have it so easy :D

stevep
06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
i left my shiite on the coffee table. the dog ate it...hes been doing laps around the house for 3 days without stopping.

who remembers dmitri abdujaparov...one of the great doping stories that i can remember.
the man was a psycho sprinter... squeeze in between anything, crash...like mcewen on something. he finally tested positive for a drug that is only issued to russian tank drivers. the object of it was to allow the drivers to stay awake and on duty for 36 hours straight.

i guess it was the only shiite he could get.

DarkStar
06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
i left my shiite on the coffee table. the dog ate it...hes been doing laps around the house for 3 days without stopping.

who remembers dmitri abdujaparov...one of the great doping stories that i can remember.
the man was a psycho sprinter... squeeze in between anything, crash...like mcewen on something. he finally tested positive for a drug that is only issued to russian tank drivers. the object of it was to allow the drivers to stay awake and on duty for 36 hours straight.

i guess it was the only shiite he could get.

Don't you mean Djamolidine Abdoujaparov? Watched him race here in Montreal when when we still had the World Cup races. Had the thighs of a Olympic weight lifter! Insane sprinter!

stevep
06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Don't you mean Djamolidine Abdoujaparov? Watched him race here in Montreal when when we still had the World Cup races. Had the thighs of a Olympic weight lifter! Insane sprinter!

yeah, i flicked on the first name.
a bull.

William
06-20-2007, 05:16 AM
I remember Abdou & Jalabert duking it out over the green sprinters jersey in the Tour. That was after Jalabert's horrific sprint pile-up caused by the wayward photo seeking Gendarme (sp?) You would think that he would be a little apprehensive about diving into holes in a bunch sprint that my daughter could barley fit through after that...yet there he was.... Abdou was a mad man with a really fast kick. Yet Jalabert pulled it out...despite the mule uppers Abdou was chucking down. Kind of makes you wonder......

William