PDA

View Full Version : Chris King Titanium Headset: Available Without Logos?

Motorad
06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello. Two questions please:
(1) Any issues of titanium headsets wanting to fuse together onto a titanium frame?

(2) Are there any vendors that offer Chris King titanium-headsets that come with no (or minimal) logos, so that they do not look like mobile advertisements?

Sincerely,
Motorad

samcat
06-17-2007, 05:12 PM
1" gripnut. Check w/Peter Mooney there.
Neat.

PH

Blastinbob
06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
King stopped offering no logo headsets around a year and a half ago. Best of luck in your quest.

Ti Designs
06-17-2007, 08:28 PM
(1) Any issues of titanium headsets wanting to fuse together onto a titanium frame?

Yup. I don't make head tube extensions any more 'cause one guy got one in all slanted and that's where it stayed - and for this he blames me! It's not a perfect interface...

(2) Are there any vendors that offer Chris King titanium-headsets that come with no (or minimal) logos, so that they do not look like mobile advertisements?

I'm no fan of the titanium headset, it's more expensive, weighs more and then there's that press fit thing. But there is an up side, the finish requires no protection. Unlike aluminum which will form a white oxide powder is left raw, titanium isn't going to react to salt. There's nothing stopping you from putting the headset on a lathe and polishing that thing 'til it looks like a fun house mirror.

Avispa
06-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Hello. Two questions please:

Sincerely,
Motorad

I have been using mine for quite some time... And have switched them from bike to bike. All ti bikes.... If you use good Ti prep, I don't think you'll have a problem.

The logos on the Ti headsets are almost invisible, which is one of the reasons I went with their Ti headsets. The pictures you see on the Internet do not show the logos as they are on the actual HS. That is unless they've changed this in the last couple of months or so...

-dustin
06-18-2007, 07:38 AM
yeah, the logo is definitely not as easily spotted as on the alu headsets.

those thing sure are pretty. we've got one at the shop collecting dust.