PDA

View Full Version : FS: All steel Fierte w/Kestrel EMS fork

thwart
06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
This was a bit too short for my loving brother (so now he's riding an older Salsa courtesy of a fellow Forumite), and much, much too small for me. Tried it for my wife (see that stem) but too large for her. :crap:

50 cm standard Serotta geometry, sloping, effective TT about 52 cm. Cane Creek headset included only, other pieces shown are available, though.

Has a few minor scuffs---the largest (by far!) is shown, but from 3 feet away looks like it's new. Beautiful finish. No rust or dents. More photos available.

Was thinking $425 shipped to the lower 48...

cmg
06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
pm sent. and some of my questions have been answered.

thwart
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
In response to PM's (and sorry I didn't mention this earlier):

The head tube is 12 cm long. This is a stock geo frame, so you might find the angles online.

The serial number is FI 50 533.

thwart
06-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Sold. Thanks, Dan! :banana:

vandeda
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
I look forward to getting it Tom. This will be a great replacement for my Coppi. Funny, I was looking for vintage lugged steel to replace the Coppi. I didn't think I would wind up with a Fierte. The Fierte should be a much better handling bike, and worlds better build quality. And it's a Serotta.

Also, half the reason for this bike is to be used as a loaner bike, and this geometry will work great for that as it will be easier to get the handlebars higher for inexperienced riders. Me and my future riders will be thankful to have the Serotta instead of the Coppi! I could have used it this past Sunday though lol. It worked out though. The one 15 yr old teen I brought along for the Tour de Cure got to ride a $4000 Dura-ace equipped all-carbon Lemond Victoire demo bike. Not a bad ride for her first experience on a road bike ever! I just couldn't get the Coppi setup to fit her as the reach was too long ... the Fierte will work great for this though, so I'm really excited!

Thanks again,
Dan

thwart
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Good to hear it'll get lots of use.

However, I can see it now... the 15 year old: "Gee... this isn't quite as nice as that LeMond..." :D

vandeda
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Nah ... she's not much of a biker ... it'll be more "I'd rather be riding my horse" ... she's huge into riding her horse, bare back no less.

Plus the Serotta is going to be superior to the LeMond anyway ... it'll be setup Campy instead of Shimano hahahahahahahahahhaa :banana:

deechee
06-13-2007, 09:12 AM
how the heck did I miss this??? This would be perfect for my gf. arggggg...
Hey vandeda, if you ever decide you don't like it, lemme know... :crap:

shoe
06-13-2007, 11:22 PM
i had this same one...alright maybe a little bigger...realldavey liked the way it road...