PDA

View Full Version : paint by S. Soderman? question for painters/builders/Coloradans

gck
06-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I just bought an older steel Clark Kent "Europa" from a local seller on Craigslist. The frame (nicely fillet brazed) is signed by both the builder, Don Herr, and the painter, S. Soderman (if I'm correctly reading the script).

The paint is a silver-to-teal fade that is badly chipped in some areas, and I'm not crazy about the teal to begin with. The bike itself was such a deal that I'm considering spending the money to get it repainted -- and my first thought was to bring it to the original painter, if he's still around.

Which brings me to my question, which some preliminary googling didn't answer: who is S. Soderman, and is he still around, painting bikes? I'll start calling the local framebuilders next week, but in the meantime, would appreciate any leads (or memories).

Thanks.

traindrive
04-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Pm sent as well. I have a blue CK by the same welder and painter. Did you find out any info on these bikes. I have been searching as well. Thanks!