PDA

View Full Version : New look to Serotta website!

Ozz
06-16-2004, 10:52 AM
I have not had time to look thru all of it, but it appears to have a few more options available.

They have a section for you to send pics for "owners bikes"...I guess this duplicates the "owners galleries" in the message board. I think it is geared more towards giving prospective owners ideas for paint schemes since they ask for owner to provide color and scheme info.

Interestingly, the "Serotta" logo is pretty easy to miss (upper left corner).

Needs Help
06-16-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't care for the look, and I couldn't get most of the pages to load.

aj4e
06-16-2004, 01:05 PM
i actually truly like the new design, and i had no problems at all loading any of the pages. i do agree though that the serotta logo in the upper left hand is easy to miss, but the size and shape do mesh well with the overall design of the site.

kudos to serotta alyson, i am sure she worked long and hard at the resdesign.

Kevin
06-16-2004, 06:33 PM
It looks good to me. I am sure if there are any bugs that they will work them out in the next few days.

Kevin

Bruce K
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Funny how several conversations at the Open House drifted to the old website and the fact that it needed a facelift.

I like the new site and so far have had no problems with navigation or loading.

Bravo Alyson !!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Bruce K

BumbleBeeDave
06-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Perhaps if you ever go ahead and buy a Serotta the pages will load more easily . . .

BBDave

M_A_Martin
06-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Maybe they have a blocker on your IP...

I'm on really slow dial up and the site loads fine here.

gt6267a
06-17-2004, 12:16 AM
i definitly like the control bars left and right. it makes navigating the site much more efficient. well done.

on the down side, each control tab is a bit busy for my taste. i like words clearly legible.

as well, apparently the site is made for 800x600 so it comes up pretty small on my screen. i know 8x6 was the de facto standard for some time, but i am wondering if this is still the best?

Kevin
06-17-2004, 05:00 AM
BBDave,

Another direct hit. I am glad you are on my side.

Kevin

JohnS
06-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Make that two of us!
Maybe if they just cleaned up those darn welds, a Serotta would be good enough for him.

dirtdigger88
06-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Looking at the site from a new potential customer point of view the site is very cool. Lots of info on the bikes and the company. I think Serotta did an excellent job on this.

Jason

M_A_Martin
06-17-2004, 11:01 AM
It certainly is easier to get around, and more overall consistant in design.

YAY Alyson!