PDA

View Full Version : I want a tubular wheelset

bigbill
06-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Not just any tubular wheelset, I want Ambrosio Nemesis rims with Record hubs. The problem is finding a builder who uses Ambrosio rims. The only solution that I have been offered so far is for me to buy the rims from Ital-techno and ship them to a builder. Does anyone have any experience on this or maybe know of a builder who uses ambrosio rims?

Too Tall
06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
First off BigolBill I've got to comment on your very good taste in tubulars :) WOO WOO glad you are going for it. Can't wait to hear all about this.

Every dececnt wheelbuilder I know whill build using quality bits even if they do not have them on hand.

Joe Young, our own Ergott, Jermey and others will have NO prob. with you shipping bits to them to build I'm fairly certain of that. I've sent Joe rims and hubs of all shapes and sizes never heard a problem.

DEWD!!!! TUBULARS RAWK THE HOUSE :)

sbornia
06-09-2007, 11:33 AM
The only solution that I have been offered so far is for me to buy the rims from Ital-techno and ship them to a builder.

I did this a few months ago with some Excellight rims and Record hubs, working with a local builder. I gave him the rims and hubs, he measured them, then ordered the right size Sapim spokes. Wheels came out nice.

Spicoli
06-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I have been meaning to ask you, do you ever use the f20/Kings or did the Queen get them? I was curious if you dug'em or thought they were too light for you. Also curious if the Kings ever broke in since I never gave them the chance too. Stupid impatience :crap:

Jeff

trophyoftexas
06-09-2007, 12:12 PM
....did an Ambrosio/Phil Hubs build for me about 2 months ago....excellant results. You get the rims, he gets everything else. VERY satisfied with the price and build.

danjammin
06-11-2007, 05:25 AM
You should definitely check out Paul Hewitt, in England, especially as you're in Europe. I have a set of Nemesis on Record hubs from him, 28 spokes front (CX Rays I think) with 32 in the rear using a suitable spoke combo for drive/non-drive side. Beautiful wheels, top quality build.

Can't go wrong with Hewitt's, he'll be able to do anything you want with plenty of advice/experience to help you out.