PDA

View Full Version : ot: new bmw owner

eddief
06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
actually 2001 330i 5 speed. this is like a fire breathing dragon compared to my camry. maybe not to use both car names in the same sentence.

i'd be proud and excited to keep the car running smoothly in 100% stock format. but i guess like all things owned by us consumers, there is a whole lifestyle group into their bmw's just like those into fine bikes.

at http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4, these guys are talking about the fineries of changing the colors of the bmw badges on the car, the wheels, etc.

please kill me if i decide to do that.

justinf
06-07-2007, 09:59 PM
yeah imho the car forums and lifestylers get old really fast. It can be a nice source of tech info when you need it.

the car, however, should remain fun. . . for when you're not able to bike :beer:

Ken Robb
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
:beer: If it has the sport suspension leave well-enough alone. It will be all you ever need in a road car. Good choice. :beer:

Lincoln
06-08-2007, 01:15 AM
:beer: If it has the sport suspension leave well-enough alone. It will be all you ever need in a road car. Good choice. :beer:
That and good rubber. I'm waiting for mr. UPS to bring my latest delivery from Tire Rack!

Congrats on the new ride!

ti_boi
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Cool.. :cool:

I am a believer in the brand. A no nonsense super practical little rocket.

Enjoy. :beer:

ThasFACE
06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
That and good rubber.

+1. It always makes me crazy to see people driving performance cars on crap tires. It's sort of like throwing barry sanders out on the football field with flip flops instead of proper cleats, in my opinion.