PDA

View Full Version : Too Tall in the New York Times?

amg
06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
In today's Thursday Style section there's an article about bike rack/carriers and I believe our very own Too Tall was interviewed and photographed for the article. Way cool!

Antonio

manet
06-07-2007, 11:11 AM
... product placement !!

fiamme red
06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/style/index.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1181232677-wVQKMZtrym9/4NGqLMDhNQ

under "Physical Culture" by Yishane Lee

Ken Robb
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Gee, it might have helped a lot of readers who don't own vans or SUVs if they had commented on racks for "regular cars".

BTW, the newer Hollywood folding rack now attaches only to the trunk lid on my sedan so I can open the trunk with it in place as long as the bikes are off it. The older models had a long strap that attached under the bumper precluding trunk opening.

jeffg
06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Gee, it might have helped a lot of readers who don't own vans or SUVs if they had commented on racks for "regular cars".

BTW, the newer Hollywood folding rack now attaches only to the trunk lid on my sedan so I can open the trunk with it in place as long as the bikes are off it. The older models had a long strap that attached under the bumper precluding trunk opening.

Bikes & Minis!

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=439054&siteid=214178&catalogid=5277

Bittersweet
06-07-2007, 11:54 AM

It's really an article about racks that fit into receivers regardless of the vehicle type. If your car doesn't have a receiver you can put one on almost any one. For instance the Raxter Rack come is 2" which is the truck/SUV standard receiver size and 1.25" which is what you might get standard on a station wagon or have installed on your average sedan.

Too Tall
06-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Thangs AMG :) The link wasn't avail this morning.
Yep, that's right. This is about "those" sorts of racks only.
That Saris rack is pretty darn cool when you consider the
bulk and complexity of the others. Gotta give it to a designer
who has moderne (with and "e") design chops to come
up with something minimal, works well and nice to look at.

sc53
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey Too Tall, aren't you supposed to be heading to San Diego by now??
Good luck, good riding, and have a GREAT time!

mschol17
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
How do the racks work with fendered bikes? It looked like a few of them wouldn't work with fenders... nice to see a Vanilla get a cameo in the NYT as well.

Too Tall
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
;) We get on the big plane early tommorrow. GULP!!!!!

Allllll the racks work with all sorts of bikes incl. fendered bikes. I think this batch of racks are pretty good. All these racks except the full swing hold wheels below the fender.

rwsaunders
06-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Cheers to you Too Tall et all (Queen and ZNFDL). Best of luck on the ride! We'll be tracking you on Google Earth, with the bug that we planted under your saddle. Keep the Forum posted on your whereabouts.