PDA

View Full Version : Open House Weekend Thanks from the DPF

kkrumme
06-15-2004, 10:39 PM
A big thank you from the Davis Phinney Foundation to all those who attended and supported our cause at the Open House Weekend! Davis and all of us at the Foundation appreciate your generosity. Those who love cycling have a common bond which defies all social and economic barriers and our greatest support in our efforts to speed the cure for Parkinson's Disease has come from cyclists! Is it any wonder? I enjoyed riding with you and thank you for towing me around - my form could be better!

To date, we still have 381 raffle tickets available for the custom Ottrott. See davisphinneyfoundation.com for details! As Olympic Medallist Connie Carpenter Phinney wrote, "We invite you to embrace a worthy cause and to ride your bike with perhaps a newfound joy and appreciation." Finding newfound joy on the bike is much easier on an Ottrott, I can attest to that after my demo rides last weekend!

Again, thanks for all your support! Dancing bananas rock!

Kathy Krumme, President, Davis Phinney Foundation

P.S. to Pete McKeon, thanks and I will email you with the five crucial computer skills I need to learn as soon as I figure them out!

Smiley
06-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Yes indeed dancing :banana: banana's rule and thanks for giving us an opportunity to win a one of a kind Ottrott designed for the Foundation in a very pretty color scheme .

I hope that some lucky forum member gets to win this bike and it was amazing how many Banana Clones stepped up to the plate to purchase a ticket from you at the Open House. I was wondering if this bikes color scheme would be sold to others with the proceeds from the paint up-charge going to the Foundation ? I am sure this idea did not escape your business sense. Its a way to ride a unique bike and it tells the world where you stand on helping to fight Parkinsons. Sorry we did not get a chance to ride together Sunday as I had to do the shorter ride to get showered and on the road home. I am also sorry we will miss your gala event next month. Best of luck and People its a 1 in 500 chance to win a $ 8000 bike , better than buying a lottery ticket .