PDA

View Full Version : Service Course

Rover-Rich
06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok, so I've been riding these great CK wheels with Michellin Pro race 2 tires (so I thought) for the last 600 miles of so. I got them from another forum member and when they came they where all ready to go with the tires. I've been impressed at how really good they feel. Today I take a look at the tires and they have the "Service Course" logo on them. I guess they actually are the fabled Pro Race 2 Service Course tires and not the regular pro race 2's. Having seen the new 2007 ones being colored light blue, I never thought that these tires, black and dark grey were similar. Also these are 25c and not 23 c.

Soooo.... long story short, can someone tell me what year these babies are from and if they are still available 'cause I'm telling you, these are sweet! :beer:

Orin
06-06-2007, 03:51 PM
The regular Pro2 Race have the Service Course logo on them... go look at the pictures on just about any web site that sells them. True for the 25s I got last year as well.

Orin.

Moosedryvr
06-06-2007, 04:04 PM
The regular Pro2 Race have the Service Course logo on them... True for the 25s I got last year as well.

Orin.

My understanding too. The limited edition ones only came in 23mm & light blue (I think). That being said, I too recently purchased a pair of Pro Race 2 (25mm) tires after several years of riding the previous Pro Race version (23mm) and am very impressed with the upgrade. I think the PR 2s are the best clincher I've ever ridden and have no plans to switch to anything else in the near future (unless, of course, I come by a pair of black Vittoria Pave at a price I can't pass up...)

Shawn G.

Rover-Rich
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
thanks guys, my bad on the assumption, I do have a defense as I primarily ride tubulars :D

Ozz
06-06-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks guys, my bad on the assumption, I do have a defense as I primarily ride tubulars :D
In your defense...the ProRace2's are very nice....the Limited Edition model is just a wee bit nicer, but only comes in 23.

davids
06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
The "real" Service Courses have light blue sidewalls and black tread. Regular Pro2 Races have colored sidewalls and center tread, with black in between.

The photos aren't great, but the Nove is wearing a set Service Courses. The Axiom is wearing Pro2 Races, in a sporty red. You should be able to see the center color stripe.

bcm119
06-06-2007, 04:48 PM
FWIW, the ProRace "Grip" tire uses the same tread compound as the coveted Service Course edition, with the more durable casing of the normal PR2. It rides as nice as the normal PR2 with a slightly grippier feel. I like them better in all conditions, esp. wet... PR2's in the rain are sketchy.