PDA

View Full Version : Please help: DA shifter installation

bulliedawg
06-15-2004, 08:35 PM
I wrench my own bikes all the time, and I've never had a problem like this.

Bought some DA 9 speed shifters from Supergo on sale. Now I'm trying to get the shifter cable into the right one, and I can't get the durn cable end seated. The left shifter is easy as a can of corn, but the right one's impossible and I'm wondering if it's defective. I've attached some photos of the problem. One is the mechanism without the cable, and the other is the mechanism with the cable. You can see that the cable end won't sit right in the mechanism.

Please advise.

bulliedawg
06-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Why the hell can't I upload photos all the sudden?

Jeff N.
06-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Hard to give advise without seeing things in person. All I can think of is: Make certain you are in the highest gear(click the smaller of the two levers about 10 times) before you insert the cable through the hole, and out the other side. If you've already done that....I don't know what to tell you. But good luck! Jeff N.

ericmurphy
06-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Here's a possible problem: DA STI shifters have ribbon cables in them for Flight Deck. Sometimes the ribbon cable gets in the way of the cable. See if you maybe need to route the ribbon cable around the shifter cable seat.

bulliedawg
06-15-2004, 09:39 PM
It's almost as if the cable end is too big to be seated into the shifting mechanism. I'm trying a photo now, but don't laugh at my ****ty photography.