PDA

View Full Version : Clean and Polish

jimp1234
06-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm in the processing of getting some bikes ready for sale as well as moving components between my current bike and my new bike (scheduled now for June 16 but whose counting :)) . Wondering what folks are using to clean components and bikes. Also, up to now I've only had steel and ti, does my new Ottrott need any special cleaning/waxing because of extensive use of carbon?

TIA

-Jim

thwart
06-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Can't tell you too much about an Ottrott (too rich for my blood) but I care for my steel bikes with the same stuff I use on my car... I've never used Pedro's Bike Lust but I know people who love it.

djg21
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm in the processing of getting some bikes ready for sale as well as moving components between my current bike and my new bike (scheduled now for June 16 but whose counting :)) . Wondering what folks are using to clean components and bikes. Also, up to now I've only had steel and ti, does my new Ottrott need any special cleaning/waxing because of extensive use of carbon?

TIA

-Jim

Lemon Pledge works great on frames.

KJMUNC
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Simple Green foaming degreaser is super easy to use and +1 for Pedro's Bike Lust....that stuff is incredible!

pdxmech13
06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
old english, pledge, or anywood wax polish that leaves a film

regularguy412
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Lemon Pledge works great on frames.

+1 on the Lemon Pledge,,, after a good soapy bath, rinse and wipe-down.

Mike in AR

Ahneida Ride
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Simichrome polish works wonders on Metal

Velo orange.com sells the stuff.

terrytnt
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
After every ride I first wipe and clean drive train with ATB, then clean wheels, Ti and carbon tubes with windex and finally coat my Ti and Carbon (Ottrott St) with Lemon Pledge.

For tough grease spots I use Orange ??? (pedro) decreaser which works like magic.

Oh and I also wipe down my tubulars with a little Ivory Liquid on a wet rag and inspect for wear and damage