PDA

View Full Version : Weather for Tour de 'Toga . . .

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2007, 06:36 AM
If you were on the fence on attending because you weren't sure of clear skies, then now is the time to jump!

Here's this weekend's forecast from Weather.com . . .

THURSDAY . . . Partly cloudy, high 74, precip 10%

FRIDAY . . . Partly cloudy, high 90, low 64, precip 10%

SATURDAY . . . Partly cloudy, high 76, low 54, precip 10%

SUNDAY . . . Partly sunny, high 77, low 55, precip 10%

There, now doesn't that sound delightful? Cocktail party by the pool, BBQ, plenty o' RED, great riding, and you won't even get your Meivici wet! :beer:

See ya' there! :D

BBDave

Smiley
06-06-2007, 09:49 AM
BBDave , how many rest stops do you have planned for the long rides ? Thanks Smiley

PaulE
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I want to do the long ride, but will there be groups at different paces? I don't want to hold up the group or get myself dropped if it's going to be a very fast ride. In that case, I would do the shorter ride.

Smiley
06-06-2007, 10:26 AM
I want to do the long ride, but will there be groups at different paces? I don't want to hold up the group or get myself dropped if it's going to be a very fast ride. In that case, I would do the shorter ride.
PaulE , there will be differing speeds of groups and I don't think you will be left alone, we will make sure that 14-15 mph groups ride together , I will be in the 15-17 mph group and the rest are on their own to get dropped and come back to US :)

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
. . . . . . on the ride maps. This is because I anticipated starting as a group and being able to ask the group--including whatever Serotta employee is supposed to be going on each ride with us. But none of these rides are through the middle of nowhere. They all have various convenience stores along the routes.

As far as the longer rides, I can't imagine eveyone hanging together in a group for 60 or 64 miles. As with any other group ride, I imagine various people of different paces and abilities will eventually end up together.

Given the planned social nature of these rides and the variety of physical ability in this group, I doubt anyone will be left far behind and alone. But if by chance that were to happen, the cue sheets are very detailed to make sure everyone gets back. I imagine you could even call one of us on the listed "emergency" numbers and we could wait for you. Carry a bottle of good RED in one of your bottle holders and Pete will always wait up! :D ;)

BBD

Tom
06-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Cue the banjo music.

BumbleBeeDave
06-06-2007, 10:48 AM
There are a number of places to stop in that area and around Saratoga county. . . .

--General store at Porter's corners
--Stewarts store in Middle Grove
--Also Stewart's stores in Corinth, Lake Luzerne, Wilton, Milton, and several around Saratoga Lake.

I've never had a bad experience riding around Saratoga county. Have you had any particularly bad experiences anywhere specific that you could warn us about?

BBD

Smiley
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Any BAD MoFo dogs along the route Tom :)

Tom
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Not a lot of dentists, if you catch my drift.

All the cars have "3" or "8" stickers on them. Stands for number of fingers or teeth.

Sandy
06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
There are a number of places to stop in that area and around Saratoga county. . . .

--General store at Porter's corners
--Stewarts store in Middle Grove
--Also Stewart's stores in Corinth, Lake Luzerne, Wilton, Milton, and several around Saratoga Lake.

I've never had a bad experience riding around Saratoga county. Have you had any particularly bad experiences anywhere specific that you could warn us about?

BBD

I was eaten by a grizzly bear at Porter's corners. Does that count? :)

Simple Sandy

Sandy
06-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Any BAD MoFo dogs along the route Tom :)

You should have hired me as dog watcher. I wouldn't have let any of the dogs bother you, and vice versa. :rolleyes:

Bow Wow Sandy

Rapid Tourist
06-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Paul E, I will no doubt be the slowest on the long ride so hang with me and you will not get dropped! That's a guarantee.

But, I also tend to get lost in Saratoga County as Sandy can attest, so maybe not!! Looking forwardf to this event