PDA

View Full Version : I think I made a big mistake

Spectrum Bob
06-15-2004, 01:04 PM
I have been encouraging my wife (as Sandy calls her Road Rocket) to get a new bike. She has been riding a 2300 Trek for a long tome. She has been working with Smiley on fit. He got her to make a lot of positive fit changes. She has begun to test ride some different bikes. Different frame materials, 650 wheels……. We are the same height but proportioned differently so I raised the saddle to my Spectrum for her to have a test ride. It is the first time she has ridden a Ti bike. She took an hour ride on a familiar rout and did a personal best time for this rout, an 18.3 average speed.
What am I doing? I will never be able to keep up with her if she gets a quality custom bike with top notch components and wheels.
Does anyone know where I can find a Serotta made out of lead pipe for the Road Rocket?
:crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

bostondrunk
06-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Isnt that what the Serotta CXII is?? 'Niobium' tubes...hahaha

Smiley
06-15-2004, 01:39 PM
that she will kick ass to . She is only equipment limited right now and the fit could get a tad better . Watch out Bob and others we are toast :banana:

Serotta PETE
06-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Might be I have the bike for her.....seems I am the slowest bike on every ride (on second thought, it is not the bike) :bike:

Pete

zap
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
My wife had a 2300 and purchased a custom Serotta CSI Tig w/ 650 wheels. The first descent she made into Rock Creek park was amazing. She was right behind me. Usually she would be many seconds behind because she couldn't lean her 2300 over in the turns.

I must say that most of the improvement came from switching too 650 wheels. My wife has the same belief. Anyone under 5'4" should give serious thought too 650 wheels as handling will improve dramatically.

Your wife can test the Serotta my wife currently rides for grins. Full Campy Record w/custom wheels. I think it weighs 16 lbs. Let me know.

Spectrum Bob
06-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Zapp,
That would be fabulous; she is 5’5” so the fit should be close. I am sure she would like to take you up on your kind offer. Could you e-mail me you contact info?

zap
06-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Check your private box

Sandy
06-15-2004, 04:59 PM
I warned you about Road Rocket. I will have to wait and see her ride when she gets a new bike. Perhaps a name change will be made. She has already gone from Mrs. Spectrum Bob to Road Rocket in a very short time. If she gets a Serotta, we might change her name to Supersonic Serotta Spaceship. If she gets a Spectrum, we might call here Spectacular Spectrum Speedster. If she gets a Calfee like Kevan's, we might simply call her So Silly Slow.

If she purchases a Serotta Ottrott ST like Sandy, we will simply call her Brilliant, and we will call you at your night time job.

Sandy