PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You To Gary (Really)

dnovo
12-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Gary just posted:

"Dave N.

The comments I made in private notwithstanding, I can assure you this is a matter of misunderstanding that I'm sure we can easily clear up. I can also assure you I had no malicious intent in this whole affair - the offer to contact you offline was not meant to be a cheap shot but more like the olive branch of peace. Anyway glad to accept your offer to bang glasses and enjoy some good cheer. So let's go have a Christmas and unwrap some goodies!

-K"

To Gary, with CC to all other members:

Gary: Thank you. No need to extend an olive branch nor contact me to offline at all. The 'thought is taken for the deed' and I honestly apologize here and now if I impugned you or your intent in any manner. I also apologize to the members of this group if I flew off the handle. I will endevour to avoid doing so again.

Thank you for your gracious gesture and your good wishes. Please accept my best wishes to you and yours -- and to everyone else here -- for Christmas, Hannukah, and the New Year.

Dave N.

Kevin
12-25-2003, 07:37 AM
We may have a few crazy uncles, and some skeletons in the closet, but it looks like we are a family again. Merry Christmas.

Kevin

Kahuna
12-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the gesture. Wishing you and yours and everyone else here a very happy new year! :)

Aloha,

K

BumbleBeeDave
12-26-2003, 06:09 PM
I think I’m gonna cry!

BBDave:hello:

dnovo
12-26-2003, 10:39 PM
And I think I'm gonna hurl if these *&%$#^ 'smilies' proliferate! Dave N.

Kahuna
12-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Group hug! :p

Kevin
12-27-2003, 05:24 AM
The conversion is now complete. We went from being a cycling forum, to a soap opera forum, to a love forum. Can we please go back to discussing bicycles? But before we do that, I just wanted to say that I love you guys. My wife doesn't understand me, she takes me for granted, did you see yesterday's General Hospital?

Lets just move on.

Kevin

dnovo
12-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Is General Hospital still on? I think my mother used to watch that, and I am 56. Kevin, we MUST get you something else to do with your free time. Dave N.

Kevin
12-27-2003, 07:38 AM
Dave,

I think you may be suffering from alzheimers. General Hospital is on just before Gunsmoke. Jacques Anquetil just won the Tour de France for the fifth time. LBJ was just re-elected President. Did I tell you about my paper boy? His name is Benny Serotta. He delivers the papers by bike. He lives next door. He is always cutting and welding his bike to get a better fit. I'm not sure what he is going to do when he grows up. Hopefully he will get a real job.

Kevin

ssvacyclist
12-27-2003, 07:54 AM
What a great way to start the new year, and a few days early!!

BumbleBeeDave
12-27-2003, 06:08 PM
<<And I think I'm gonna hurl if these *&%$#^ 'smilies' proliferate! Dave N.>>

I have been thinking of trying to draw a larger photo by just using smilies, or trying to compose a whole, understandable message using only smilies . . .

Can it be done? Don’t push me or I will start practicing online!:eek:

BBDave

dnovo
12-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Remember Dave, I've still got that picture of Margret Thachter in a thong if you persist. Dave N.

Kevin
12-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Dave N,

I just went blind again. Please stop it with Thatcher in a thong! I am also waiting for the pictures of Heather that you promised.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
12-27-2003, 09:18 PM
. . . be careful!:no: . . . dnovo only has the cropped version.

I, on the other hand, have the UN-cropped version, with Princess Anne and Camilla Parker-Bowles standing on either side of her Her Heinie, er, I mean Her Highness--ALSO in thongs!

Any har-ASS-ment (:mad:) will result in massive retaliation!

BBDave

Kevin
12-28-2003, 07:17 AM
BB Dave,

So you want to play poker. I see your Thatcher, Bowles and Princess Anne in thongs, and raise you a Phyllis Diller, Julia Child and Lady Bird Johnson all riding Serottas up hill. I hope you are happy, we are all now blinded for life.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2003, 10:09 AM
In a thong. On an Ottrott. A compact Ottrott. With a real long Thompson post that flexes a lot.

Next! . . . .

BB “Slim” Dave

Kevin
12-28-2003, 10:33 AM
Slim Dave,

I hate to do this to you, but you asked for it.

Top this. Following Sandy in a paceline under the following conditions:

1. The ride is a double century and you are at mile 3;

2. Sandy is wearing a thong;

3. Sandy broke the rails on his saddle so he has to ride out of the saddle for the next 197 miles;

4. You both had mexican food for lunch;

5. Sandy has a tatoo of Barbara Bush on his right cheek and Hillary Clinton on his left cheek;

6. You are riding on a tandem with Heather Graham. You are riding in the front and are wearing a neck brace and apparatus that prevents you from looking at Heather. She is riding commando behind you.

I would finish the rest, but I just lost my eyesight again.

Next ...

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2003, 10:35 AM
. . . That’s it. I fold.:crap:

BBDave

dnovo
12-28-2003, 10:54 AM
You guys are sick, sick, sick. Nice fellas, but sick, sick, sick. Dave N.

Kevin
12-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Dave N,

We are sick? You opened the game with the picture of Margo. You are the sick one. BBDave and I just played along so you wouldn't feel lonely. Without you we would never participate in such shenanigans.

Kevin

dnovo
12-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Yeah, yeah. Go ahead, pick on me. I can take it. (Sob.) Actually, as it just hit 50 here, I can go out for my second ride now. Dave N.

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2003, 01:35 PM
. . . would it make you feel better if I told you that Rosie just called? She wants to go for a ride with you!

BBDave:p

dnovo
12-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Retch. Gag. Hurl. Thanks, Dave, I needed to take off an extra pound or so with all the rich food from the Holidays. Dave N.