PDA

View Full Version : Giro live on the net now - with triple chainsets!

Nick H.
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
They're going up the Zoncolan later today - allegedly Europe's toughest climb, which they are doing from the difficult side. Many of the riders are on triples. Some have a 29 tooth sprocket. Let's hope it doesn't get cancelled by snow. In case you can't see it on TV you can watch it with Italian commentary here: www.media.rai.it/mpmedia/0,,Sport%5E24655,00.html

Or if you don't speak Italian you can go to cyclingfans.com to watch the RAI pictures while streaming the Eurosport Radio english commentary from David Harmon and the great Sean Kelly. Apparently there is a time delay on the commentary but it's worth it for the entertainment value of Kelly's remarks alone. Last week he said: "riders can be, you know, a bit lazy if you don't give them a real fookin drillin' before the stage" :D

Today is sh*t or bust day - the last chance for the top guys to attack Di Luca. Right now there is a big breakaway up the road but here's hoping it all comes together for a decisive scrap in an hour or two.

gt6267a
05-30-2007, 09:43 AM
i am reading the velones live race coverage and it is fun. lots of action right about now!

Nick H.
05-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I can't remember the last time I saw the pros going so slowly! Go Cunego...

hoss
05-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I can't remember the last time I saw the pros going so slowly! Go Cunego...

Huh, they were 40 minutes ahead of schedule with 10km to go.

Ray
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Huh, they were 40 minutes ahead of schedule with 10km to go.
Yeah, but that 10km was the Zoncolan. And they looked like they were crawling for big chunks of that climb. I love watching those crazy steep climbs - it's the only time I see the pros looking like I feel on a lot of climbs. Now, it only takes about 10% for me to feel like that and it takes more like 18+ percent for them, but at least there's some small glimmer of something I can relate to.

-Ray

Climb01742
05-30-2007, 10:14 AM
what a beautiful stage. bravo to every rider who went for it today. cycling can be gorgeous.

Bill Bove
05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Power failure at five k to go. sat in the dark. couldn't even read the scrawl on cyclingnews. when the power did come back much later in the afternoon the dsl lines were screwed up. only now at 7pm am i able to get online to look at the pictures.