PDA

View Full Version : EtxeOndo bib sizing

hypnos
05-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Think'n about trying some new bibs. Who has experience with EtxeOndo bibs? How does the sizing run? I'm 5'10" and 156 pounds.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

swoop
05-28-2007, 03:05 PM
they run a little small.... so go a size up.
atmo.

the basque are a small people.

Climb01742
05-28-2007, 03:28 PM
jeff, swoop is right. i'm 1" taller than you, same ball park weight and i find "large" bibs from etxeondo fit nicely. normally i'm a medium.

sbornia
05-28-2007, 06:28 PM
In my experience, they run close to Assos, both of which run smaller than PI (for example, I wear a M in PI, L in Assos/Exteondo).

Colorado Cyclist has a decent size comparison table of several different brands, so that you can see how they vary.

bluehorseshoe
05-28-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm 5'10", 170 and run an XL. Love 'em, despite the blow to my ego I just sustained confirming that they are, indeed, an XL.

Jack Brunk
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm 5'10", 170 and run an XL. Love 'em, despite the blow to my ego I just sustained confirming that they are, indeed, an XL.

Hey wes,

How's the new ride?

Ozz
05-29-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm 6'2", 175 w/ 33" waist and wear a XXL in most of their bibs. The Cromatic bibs seem to run a little larger than every other bib or theirs I've worn. I have a couple paris of XXL, but they don't compress as much as I would like. There is also a lot room in the shoulder straps. They are comfy as heck, but I wouldn't mind tryng an XL just to be sure.

I just put in a ride in their new Hilare shorts with the Urakki chamois. It seems pretty good, but I think I prefer the Golden Chamois. A few more rides will tell.

gt6267a
05-29-2007, 10:24 AM
i am 5'7". when i weighed 193 the XL fit nicely. now that i am 173, the XL seems a little loose. i am guessing a L would be about right. I am hoping to hit 165 by the end of the summer. i am thinking a medium at that point will be about right.

bluehorseshoe
05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Jack,

The new ride rocks my tiny little world -- as you may have guessed. I took my time building it up, and have been intending to do pictures and a more detailed writeup, but I'm pretty impressed.

My closest point of comparison is my Seven Axiom, which I asked to be built like an MX Leader, only light and comfy, too. (They got it, by the way, rock stable, stiff and efficient, and comfy over bad new england roads in the spring, handling more ducati-heavy-stable than cbr-light-quick in transitions.)

The new girl? Faster up hills, quicker steering, even more efficient, stiff when I stand on it, just enough road feel in my hands so I know there's pavement beneath me, but smooth, too, not harsh like the Tarmac carbon bike I borrowed that just buzzed and buzzed. I think 'confident' is the best word I could apply to the whole experience. Whatever you want to do, the bike does, right away, without misstep or hesitation. There's just no slack in the line on this bike, but no jittery oversteering or wobbling, either. Dialed.

I have it on veloflex crit's and old but light DA and nuke-proof hubs laced to GL330 rims now, and its a really nice ride; it was nice, smooth and immediate, even on my foul weather wheels, too (CK to CXP33's on Michelin P2R's).

Oh, and its pretty, too, real pretty.

I think i'm in love.

Now I just need to ride more.

Thanks, Jack, again -- this is really a nice ride, and I'm a lucky guy.

Bill D
05-29-2007, 11:19 AM
Any sources for deals on the Etxe Ondo bibs? They seem to be one of those brands that never goes on sale. I've seen the Astana and Liberty Seguros ones on ebay, but would prefer to try the non-billboard version. Is this one of those things where you just suck it up and pay full price? I seem to have an innate aversion to that. :)

Ozz
05-29-2007, 11:46 AM
...Is this one of those things where you just suck it up and pay full price?... :)
pretty much.... :cool:

I think the distribution in the US is pretty spotty....high demand, low supply....well, you know what that means.

The cromatic bibs at $150 are a pretty good deal in my book.