PDA

View Full Version : WA DC area riders

Jay Torborg
06-14-2004, 12:20 PM
In mid July, I'm starting a 26 day transcontinental bike ride to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Unfortunately, I have to interrupt my training schedule to be in the Washington DC for a family reunion (wife's family) over July 4th weekend. I'm bringing my coupled Serotta with me in hopes of getting in at least one long ride while I'm there.

Anyone in the DC area interested in doing a ride on Saturday July 3rd? Can you point me to some local cycling clubs that might offer rides?

Thanks.

djg
06-14-2004, 12:26 PM
I'll know better about availability as the time approaches. In the meantime, you can check out the website for the potomac pedalers club, which has all manner of rides: www.bikepptc.org

also, www.waba.org has some info regarding bike maps and paths.

In the end, if you just want to put your head down and ride a good number of miles without getting lost in a strange area, you could do worse than the w & od trail--just a MUT, and parts will get crowded on the weekend, but if you leave early its really not too crowded, even on weekends, and it's about 92 miles out and back.

TimB
06-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Try http://www.bikepptc.org/ a little later this month, the July schedule should be posted by about the 20th or so I should think.

Too Tall
06-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Jay, stay in touch as your arrival is closer. If my racing schedule permits I could lead you on a really neat 90 or 105 miler that crosses 4 state lines and a river via ferry.

Jay Torborg
06-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the pointers.

Too Tall - That sounds about perfect. I'll touch base with you when we get closer to the date. I am also available on Sunday 7/4 and Monday 7/5 - just have to be back for dinner.

djg - let me know if you're available for a ride as well.

Thanks again.