PDA

View Full Version : Signature Cycles question...

SoCalSteve
05-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

Sherry and I are going to be in NYC in about a weeks time. Just curious if Signature Cycles is a "proper" bike store as well as fitting studio?

The reason I ask is because on their website, they give no hours of operation and it says in a few places that they do fittings by appointment only.

Can you just walk in and check out the store? Or, is it truly by appointment only?

As always, thank you all in advance,

Steve

Smiley
05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Sherry and I are going to be in NYC in about a weeks time.
Steve
Why Not "Giro Del Toga" , I'll let you and Sherry pick out anything you want from the Serotta factory :)

June 8 through 10 "Are you on the LIST"

SoCalSteve
05-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Why Not "Giro Del Toga" , I'll let you and Sherry pick out anything you want from the Serotta factory :)

June 8 through 10 "Are you on the LIST"

Thank you so much for the lovely invite and offer!

We have plans from the moment we arrive in NYC to the moment we leave. Between seeing friend, sightseeing and riding with BigMan and Ergott on Long Island, our dance cards are pretty full.

Hopefully one year there will be a West Coast "Giro Del Toga" and all you guys can come out and ride with us...

Steve

old_school
05-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Signature is definitely very 'proper,' but it is certainly not your typical bike shop.
I am sure Paul would welcome your visit, but I would call ahead just to be sure someone is available - besides, it is a little difficult to find, so directions might be helpful.
Have fun in NYC

keno
05-28-2007, 07:44 PM
old school has it about right. First of all, the shop is on the second floor of a building behind Lincoln Center and I think that Paul has trouble finding it on some days. I don't know what you mean by "proper", but it's not an ordinary shop in that you won't find a great array of products. Paul runs a highly focused business. He's a friendly guy and I'm sure he would welcome your visit if he is around (he does go to tris to support that segment of his riders, and does significant business travel). Drop him an email or call, as was suggested. I doubt you are looking for a fitting, but they are booked well in advance, like weeks or maybe even months at times.

I'm happy to get in touch with Paul on your behalf, not that it's necessary but it will give me a legitimate opportunity to tell him "up yours".

keno

ChamUK
05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
It's very high zoot fitting studio. Last time I was there, about 8 or 10 bikes on display(mostly serotta, a couple of gurus). Some minimal selection on Assos clothing. There's a living room set up with a flat panel tv, and I think a liqueur cabinet. Really not much to check out. But if you are looking to get fitted, it looks like a top notch place. I went there without an apt., it is tough to find- 2nd floor in an office building.

SoCalSteve
05-28-2007, 07:48 PM
No fitting needed (but if I did need one, I'd go to him).

What I meant by "proper" bike store is a BIKE STORE....I get the feeling from previous posters that if you just want to go check out gear, this is NOT the place to do so.

Thank you all for the great information,

Steve

Ti Designs
05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
It's very high zoot fitting studio. Last time I was there, about 8 or 10 bikes on display(mostly serotta, a couple of gurus). Some minimal selection on Assos clothing. There's a living room set up with a flat panel tv, and I think a liqueur cabinet.

Can someone please explain to me what zoot is?

SoCalSteve
05-29-2007, 12:29 AM

Zoot=Bling

dave thompson
05-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Zoot = flashy. From Zoot Suit, which has a reet pleat. (geez that's gonna date me! :eek: )

Ti Designs
05-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Zoot = flashy. From Zoot Suit, which has a reet pleat. (geez that's gonna date me! :eek: )

I'm trying to picture Paul wearing an Assos zoot suit with lots of gold while doing a fitting.

andy mac
05-29-2007, 02:47 AM
i went to the opening booze-up.

def not a normal bike shop - in a good way.

:beer:

andy.

05-29-2007, 04:39 AM
Signature cycles has more of an art gallery feel to it. If paul is not available Grant,Anthony or Scott will def show you around.

There is a significant amount of stuff to buy-clothing gear etc but they do not floor it all.

Always worth the stop by all of the guys are super nice and there is always some piece of off the chart eye candy hanging on the wall.

kevin

Paul Levine
05-29-2007, 05:20 AM
Steve,

We would love for you and your wife to stop by.

Our Manhattan location is open from at least 9am until 6pm, Monday through Friday. However, we are there many times around 7am and up until +/- 9pm. Since we work "by appointment only", which allows us to spend uninterrupted time with every client, it is best to let us know when you will be popping in.

The downside if you pop in is that there might not be someone to give you the time and information that you deserve to chat about cycling and the fun stuff that we offer.

We aren't your typical bike shop per se. We do display many high zoot components and bikes. None of which are locked behind a display case or behind the counter. Everthing is available to touch and fondle. This is another reason why in NYC we try to control the amount of people in our location at one time.

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your visit plans,

Paul

Ti Designs
05-29-2007, 02:49 PM
We aren't your typical bike shop per se. We do display many high zoot components and bikes. None of which are locked behind a display case or behind the counter. Everthing is available to touch and fondle.

I've heard about places in NYC where you can touch and fondle the zoot...

SoCalSteve
06-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Steve,

We would love for you and your wife to stop by.

Our Manhattan location is open from at least 9am until 6pm, Monday through Friday. However, we are there many times around 7am and up until +/- 9pm. Since we work "by appointment only", which allows us to spend uninterrupted time with every client, it is best to let us know when you will be popping in.

The downside if you pop in is that there might not be someone to give you the time and information that you deserve to chat about cycling and the fun stuff that we offer.

We aren't your typical bike shop per se. We do display many high zoot components and bikes. None of which are locked behind a display case or behind the counter. Everthing is available to touch and fondle. This is another reason why in NYC we try to control the amount of people in our location at one time.

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your visit plans,

Paul

Paul,

Thank you so much for the invite! We will do our best to call and come by. We are on a really tight schedule and there is so much to do and so many people to visit (and we are only in NYC for 3 days) before we head to Long Island.

Thanks again and we will try to call and stop by.

Steve and Sherry

shoe
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
fyi---if you get lost and you happen to make a right on red on your bicycle ---don't get caught by the cops.....i would know(ahhh all the j walkers they will let me slide....oh i guess not).................dave

Ginger
06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Steve,

Thanks to Manet, I happened to wander in to the place when I was riding around town...it's a very pretty place.
I was sad that I was sweaty from riding and didn't want to try things on right then and there...(the exte ondo women's gear) but I did find that the rapha gloves won't work for me. :( (I've been looking at those and wanting them to fit...no telling without ordering and I wasn't too interested in that...) so for me, it was fun to see Grant and Paul again and I got that interest in those gloves out of the way.

Ginger

ClutchCargo
06-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I've heard about places in NYC where you can touch and fondle the zoot...

for those places, Steve would be better off skipping Paul and instead see Arod ! ;)