PDA

View Full Version : Ordered and Attack

cleavel
05-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi All,

I wish I had more time to post on this forum but... :o

Anyway, got fitted yesterday and put some money down on an Attack. Initially said I want red with white, but changed my mind today to red with black. Looking forward to being back in the Serotta fold. Last one I had was a 1988(?) Colorado which I rode until 2000.

rwsaunders
05-27-2007, 09:43 AM
That's quite a harem that you've already assembled. Looks like you have a thing for Italian girls.

saab2000
05-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice bikes!

I love your Look 481SL. I am looking for one in 57 to replace my 56 CM 381....... If you know of where to find one! :D

Nice fleet!

mdeeds71
05-27-2007, 10:07 AM
I think there is a Look 481SL at my old shop never built up around that size...I will check it out for you.

Mark

saab2000
05-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I think there is a Look 481SL at my old shop never built up around that size...I will check it out for you.

Mark

Mark,

Check it out. Must be a 57. PM me.

saab2000
05-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Cleavel,

Can you feel a difference between your old 381 and your new 481? I know they are nearly identical framesets. Also, how do you compare the older looks to the 585?

Serotta PETE
05-27-2007, 01:33 PM
The folks that I know, who have one or ridden one, really like it. Please post ride report and pictures when you get it. PETE

Hi All,

I wish I had more time to post on this forum but... :o

Anyway, got fitted yesterday and put some money down on an Attack. Initially said I want red with white, but changed my mind today to red with black. Looking forward to being back in the Serotta fold. Last one I had was a 1988(?) Colorado which I rode until 2000.

cleavel
05-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for the kind comments about my collection of bikes. My first real race bike was a Bianchi so I have a place in my heart for them. However, the best steel bike that I ever owned was my Serotta Colorado.

BTW, it's nice to be able to "justify" (rationalize?) having all of these bikes to my wife because I race.

saab2000, I liked my 381 very much but the 481 feels even better. It is lighter and even though the geometry is identical, it handles more securely.

The reason that I have a 565 right now is that the 381 had a problem (after 4 years) and Look USA replaced it under warranty (not for free but cheap enough to keep me happy). Unfortunately, the geometry of the 565 is completely different from the 381/481 and it just doesn't fit me quite right, which is partly why I'm getting the Attack. I will say the the 565 handles very well. The front end is about as stiff as I've ever ridden but it is not harsh.

I am definitely looking forward to getting the Attack. The Attack will be my race bike while the Look KG481SL will become my training bike. The Look 565 will go on ebay if I can't sell it locally. ;)

cleavel
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Hi,

Was told that the frame will ship on July 13th. Really looking forward to getting it. I'm surprised that no one has posted anything about getting one yet. Am I an early adopter again? ;)

Ozz
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
I keep trying to talk myself into buying an Attack.....my wife keeps telling me the kids need to go to private schools. :crap: :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing your bike...

What kind of options were are available for it (i.e. paint choices, level top tube, tube stiffness choices, etc).

Blastinbob
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I keep trying to talk myself into buying an Attack.....my wife keeps telling me the kids need to go to private schools. :crap: :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing your bike...

What kind of options were are available for it (i.e. paint choices, level top tube, tube stiffness choices, etc).2 tubing choices. Sloping tt only. Any 2 standard colors.

cleavel
06-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Ozz,

What Bob said. :)

Actually, I was not offered any tubing choices. I presume that Serotta is picking appropriate tubes for my type of riding (racing -- prefer road but do a lot of crits) and my body dimensions and weight. I personally wouldn't know which tube to pick anyway.

I would have preferred a level top tube but it wasn't to be. :(

Still pretty excited about it.