PDA

View Full Version : hip flexor help

yeehawfactor
05-24-2007, 08:16 PM
my right leg hurts, and i think this is the culprit. hardest ride of the season this last tues. went super hard for 25 miles, then started cramping and rode about 20 miles as easy as possible to get back. yesterday at the bakery i noticed that while walking when i brought my right leg forward there was a bit of dull pain at the top front of my quad. the internets have said that this is probably hip flexor, but i'm curious who else has experience with this and what they have done to remedy the situation.

justinf
05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Yoga. I sent you a related pm, j

jhcakilmer
05-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Where is the pain specifically? Does it hurt when you bring your thigh up (flex)? At what position is the pain the worst?

yeehawfactor
05-24-2007, 09:13 PM
the pain is in line with the pocket on my jeans, though centered. where i notice it is when i bring my right leg forward, such as while walking. i just walked up stairs and didn't feel anything, but then i have been sitting for a while. today while i was up and about the dull ache gradually returned, after three hours on the couch it was gone for a while.

znfdl
05-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Yeehaw:

A simple stretch that you can do during the day if you sit behind a desk.

1. Cross one leg over the other.
2. Keep your other foot flat on the floww
3. Keep a straight back and lower your chin towards your knee. You should feel you hip flexor stretch.

morty
05-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Try this: http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/HipFlexors/KneelingHipFlexor.html

Also, for me at least, if my SI joint gets out of whack my hip flexors get tight and sore. My Chiro was a huge help.

steve v
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM

Also, for me at least, if my SI joint gets out of whack my hip flexors get tight and sore. My Chiro was a huge help.

That stretch worked miracles for me, still do it 2x a day. Can't say enough about having a good chiro as well.

regularguy412
05-25-2007, 12:45 PM

-- for the link to this site. I've been looking for a site like this for some time now. LOTS of good info to be found there along with well-drawn diagrams to help pinpoint problem areas.

Mike in AR

shoe
05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
had the same problem and ignored it. ran abit over the winter and affected my opposite knee....i first went to this ART (active release technique) didn't like the dr so much but felt it addressed the problem...then went to a MAT (muscle activation technique) felt it helped me a bunch. helped brake up scar tissue and tightness and addresses muscle imbalance....MAT is fairly new but i would recommend it...my girl went today and felt better after one session....there aren't that many people that practice it but i think we will see more of it for sure....seemed very common sense and to the point...address it before it worsens...or leeds to other things....good luck....dave...also a big fan of yoga to help to stretch and strengthen...