PDA

View Full Version : New HSG Ti

djg
05-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Just picked up the new HSG Ti prototype frame frome Spokes etc. and I'm just way psyched. My last little inner cautious guy trepidation about the deal evaporated when I peeked inside the box. I'll try to post some pics this weekend, but I think it looks great. Awesome.

Andrew--thanks again for setting this up, I think this bike is going to rock.

Serotta PETE
05-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Have a good weekend with it and POST and let us know how you like it. DId ANDREW send a case of SEROTTA beer also???? :beer:

Jason E
05-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Sounds awesome! Perfect long weekend to get it!

How is it a Prototype?

djg
05-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Have a good weekend with it and POST and let us know how you like it. DId ANDREW send a case of SEROTTA beer also???? :beer:

No case of beer (unless the guys at Spokes swiped it), but Andrew did take care of me and, not incidentally, sent me home with a six pack at Nottrot last year.

djg
05-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Sounds awesome! Perfect long weekend to get it!

How is it a Prototype?

Actually we're taking off for the weekend (and the build might wait a few weeks more) but I'm psyched all the same.

I'm not really sure of the history or particulars, but they had several frames listed as prototypes on the deals page, along with demo frames and bikes. I guess that Serotta built up some prototypes to look at certain variations when they were developing the model, but as I said, I don't really know the ins-and-outs of it--this one is different from the stock HSG Ti in that the top tube is 54.5 cm, rather than 55, and I think that the head tube is close to 13 cm, rather than 12.1, but with the same head and seat angles as the stock model. Otherwise, it looks to me just like the HSG Ti on the main web site (when it shows up yellow). Actually, I like the looks of it in person a bunch more than I like the pictures (not that there's anything wrong with the pics).

Korn Julio
05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Congratulations on the new frame!
So that's where the 40 bucks went. :D :banana:

mflaherty37
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh, my bad. Nevermind this post.

djg
05-24-2007, 07:38 PM
So that's where the 40 bucks went. :D :banana:

Let's just say that the brakes went to a better place and the handling fees went to a good cause (as did quite a few of their leetle friends...)