PDA

View Full Version : I sold my reynolds stratus--? on price

jimcav
05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
just curious if it would be better in the future to list wheels here. i sold them on ebay for 665. areo carbon clinchers with 2 years of riding--weekend events only. that was less than i thought i'd get--just curious if folks here would have paid more?
thanks
jim

SoCalSteve
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
From personal experience, you will do better price wise on ebay (in general), but it is easier to sell stuff on this Forum and there are no commissions, etc to pay.

But, in general people on this Forum are looking for "the bargain".

Steve

rwsaunders
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
+1, as a lot of it has to do with timing. Ebay seems to drive higher numbers on certain items, payment can be an adventure. The Forumites are always good for the money and for delivering good products. Except for Dave Thompson. (Let's see if he's awake).

Louis
05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Forumites are always good for the money and for delivering good products. Except for Dave Thompson. (Let's see if he's awake).

To all the newbies out there who don't know Dave, that's a joke...

justinf
05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I just bought a set of sewup Stratus with tires, bags, skewers for $750 shipped, which I felt was a fair deal. I'd say yours went low.

swoop
05-23-2007, 12:28 PM
just curious if it would be better in the future to list wheels here. i sold them on ebay for 665. areo carbon clinchers with 2 years of riding--weekend events only. that was less than i thought i'd get--just curious if folks here would have paid more?
thanks
jim

sounds about right to me. they are manufacturing the wheels with better hubs and better carbon now. its an out of date model and its used (and there were a lot of issues with that version..and not so with the new)... so in the 600's is right on target.

dave thompson
05-23-2007, 03:13 PM
+1, as a lot of it has to do with timing. Ebay seems to drive higher numbers on certain items, payment can be an adventure. The Forumites are always good for the money and for delivering good products. Except for Dave Thompson. (Let's see if he's awake).
Zzz. Hrmph... mpfph....czawphbbt....wha, wha what!??!?! Dang jet lag!