PDA

View Full Version : The family saw Lance in Austin, TX on Friday,

L84dinr
05-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Me 'n the missus pulled the children out of school for friday. We were heading to Seaworld in San Antonio and figured we would make a trip to the Texas State Capitol. After the tour of the Capitol, we were hanging around downstairs (looking for the restroom) and a lady sidled up to my wife and stated that our children might get a kick out of seeing Lance Armstrong. SHe said that Mr. Armstrong was going to be on the senate floor. So we boogied up to the third floor viewing area and waited around. Luckily Mr. Armstrong was the first person to be there. He was there to promote the "Texas Cancer Prevention and Research Institute" funded by 300 billion dollars. SO we took a couple of Pictures of Mr. Armstrong who was there with his Mom. It was pretty cool. Seeing the start of Legislative session, and getting to see Lance and His Mother on the senate floor.

Seaworld was pretty cool as well.

Back to the grindstone...

Serotta PETE
05-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Sounds like you and the family had a wonderful week.....Glad everyone had fun....

PETE

Bill Bove
05-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Seaworld was pretty cool as well.

the whales are all on steroids

fiamme red
05-22-2007, 10:44 AM
He was there to promote the "Texas Cancer Prevention and Research Institute" funded by 300 billion dollars.300 million or 3 billion, but 300 billion can't be right. For 300 billion, you could invade a foreign country (such as Iraq) and occupy it for a few years.

Steelhead
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
He was sitting in my brother in laws office during the breaks, waiting for his turn to address the floor.

I saw him out riding the other day - he eyed my new CDA with visible jealousy compared to his plastic ride. :banana: :D ;)

bozman
05-22-2007, 12:08 PM
300 million or 3 billion, but 300 billion can't be right. For 300 billion, you could invade a foreign country (such as Iraq) and occupy it for a few years.

post of the day.

Bud_E
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
the whales are all on steroids

Check again. They just put a few shot of Jack Daniels in the water.

Elefantino
05-22-2007, 04:50 PM
'dja see LA's new girlfriend, Tory Burch?

She looks like Sheryl.

Who looks like Kristin.

Who looks like … his mom.

Lance. The new John Derek.

L84dinr
05-22-2007, 05:13 PM
300 million or 3 billion, but 300 billion can't be right. For 300 billion, you could invade a foreign country (such as Iraq) and occupy it for a few years.

Sorry, 3 billion in bonds.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18742555/

Thanks for clarifying.

Bill Bove
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM

is she half his age?

JD was my hero :banana:

Steelhead
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Kristen would be my pick - Some friends go to church with her and my friend's wife and she are pretty close - says L.A. was not easy to live with, at all. Not too surprising really.

BumbleBeeDave
05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
'dja see LA's new girlfriend, Tory Burch?

She looks like Sheryl.

Who looks like Kristin.

Who looks like … his mom.

. . . and you are absolutely right. This is getting REAL creepy . . . :eek:

BBD

J.Greene
05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Kristen would be my pick - Some friends go to church with her and my friend's wife and she are pretty close - says L.A. was not easy to live with, at all. Not too surprising really.

No big story there....how many of our wives would say the same?

JG

Steelhead
05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Not too surprising really.

Tom
05-23-2007, 07:08 AM
. . . and you are absolutely right. This is getting REAL creepy . . . :eek:

BBD

You've got to be kidding me. So he thinks women that look like his mother are attractive? Big ****ing deal. Maybe they all happen to look like his second grade teacher. Ever think about that?

What would be creepy is if he screwed animals because his mother is a human. That would be creepy.

LH2
05-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I noticed the similarity in appearance from Mother up to the latest GF too. But the latest one looks younger and prettier than Kristen or Sheryl, so that's a plus!

The guy likes blondes, so does Hugh Hefner, not the end of the world.

I wanna know what Paul McCartney was thinking - you'd think he could do much better.

BumbleBeeDave
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
You've got to be kidding me. So he thinks women that look like his mother are attractive? Big ****ing deal. Maybe they all happen to look like his second grade teacher. Ever think about that?

I was just kidding around. Remember that I do that sometimes?

If there's any serious side to this, it's that it just adds to the fascination with Lance as a personality.

BBD

rwsaunders
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
BBDave jokes around? Are you kidding me?

BoulderGeek
05-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I, for one, would be happy for an evening with any of them.

Including Lance's Mom!

:banana:

BumbleBeeDave
05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
BBDave jokes around? Are you kidding me?

25 years in journalism hasn't quite whipped it outta me yet! ;)

I also think it would be seriously fascinating to spend some time with Lance and/or his mom. I find his personal and family story and the possible motivations behind his achievements to be absolutely fascinating.

BBD

97CSI
05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
What would be creepy is if he screwed animals because his mother is a human. That would be creepy.Well......since we are all animals (like it or not - better than being a plant, I suppose)........need I say more?