PDA

View Full Version : Latest Italian acquisition

dtandy
05-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I recently bought a Moser M81 directly from Cicli Moser in Italy. On a whim, I asked the fellow at Cicli Moser if Francesco could sign the frame. See the images in the bike gallery of the frame that arrived in the mail on Friday. It is sweet! :banana:

I'm talking to a few frame painters to figure out how to best protect the signature.

Dave

saab2000
05-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Nice bike! Post that beast in the Custom Gallery with specs and a ride report.

Seriously, nice bike and nicely set up. How's the Sram Force stuff? I have heard nothing but good about it thusfar.

Climb01742
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
very cool to have it signed. great touch.

dtandy
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks! I have about 200 miles on the SRAM Force components and I like them. I can't comment on durability but I can comment on performance. I rode DA 9 for years and years (no Campy experience) and the transition to the "double tap" method of shifting was very easy. I think I've tried to shift the "Shimano way" only twice and both times were on steep climbs when I was suffering so I was operating purely on muscle memory. I'd say that I am 99% transitioned at this point.

The finish on the SRAM stuff is pretty good but not quite up to par with Dura Ace or some other top end stuff I've owned. Notably, the finish on the crankset is good but not perfect and the rear derailleur has a slightly cheaper feel to me than a DA 9 derailleur. The shifters are finished quite well. Performance wise, I have been completely satisfied. The shifting is precise and quick and the drivetrain is quiet. I have had no need to trim the front derailleur so I don't miss that functionality. Overall, I think the performance of the Force stuff is just as good as DA 9. I'm an equipment junkie (and slight weight weenie) so I just wanted to try something new (and go to 10 speed). I do not regret my decision at all. Like other reviewers of the Force group have said, Force provides a great alternative to Campy and Shimano but don't expect a night and day difference in performance if you switch.

Dave