PDA

View Full Version : The Serotta(s) that got away from me !

Smiley
05-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Rode the Uniscasi yesterday for 48 miles and switched to the Hors Categorie today for 39 miles. I lament the great builds Serotta has that got away from me.

The 30 anniversary frame, the killer blue with white panels and F3 fork
Any Kelly Bedford built CSI with TDF lugs and steel fork
This one HURTS really bad, an Ottrott with DKS rear end and F2 fork

Which ones do you pine for? I am never selling the Hors as with age she gets better with each mile. Can you say EXTINCT species :banana:

Gothard
05-20-2007, 02:20 PM
CSI with 58cm top tube and TDF lugs.
Can't complain for the rest, but I would like to have a lugged steel Serotta in my stable.

kestrel
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I just came in from a moderately hilly 52 miles on my standard old run of the mill Legend Ti. I still think it is the most versatile bike I own. I don't lust for another, I'm content with what I am lucky enough to ride.

not that I wouldn't take a Hors, an Ottrott, or any other Saratoga Springs product if any came my way through an estate settlement, etc.

djg
05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Smiley, I'm trying to avoid pining. Again. I was a happy camper with my holdings, and my wife was resigned or better as far as I could tell ... and then I saw the demos and prototype deals and my inner crazy got hold of the credit card and bought another darn frame (HSG Ti). Actually, I've only half bought it, as I still need to swing by spokes in the next few days to pay the other half and pick it up.

I've come to the conclusion that the thing that gets away from me most often is me.

SoCalSteve
05-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Rode the Uniscasi yesterday for 48 miles and switched to the Hors Categorie today for 39 miles. I lament the great builds Serotta has that got away from me.

Any Kelly Bedford built CSI with TDF lugs and steel fork
This one HURTS really bad, an Ottrott with DKS rear end and F2 fork

Which ones do you pine for? I am never selling the Hors as with age she gets better with each mile. Can you say EXTINCT species :banana:

What year did Kelly Bedford stop building bikes?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

PS: Wondering if mine was built by him...Always wonder if my Hors Categorie was built by Dave Kirk too

Smiley
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM
What year did Kelly Bedford stop building bikes?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

PS: Wondering if mine was built by him...Always wonder if my Hors Categorie was built by Dave Kirk too

Kelly has built CSI's on request , Pete and Spoke have his built bikes as recent as 2-3 years ago and Climb, now KeithA has a smoothie built by Kelly

SoCalSteve
05-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Kelly has built CSI's on request , Pete and Spoke have his built bikes as recent as 2-3 years ago and Climb, now KeithA has a smoothie built by Kelly

I bought mine through a gentleman on the East Coast (he worked in a bike store). He said he specially requested Kelly to make the BB area extra stiff. Wonder if Kelly just designed it and/or built it too...

Steve

saab2000
05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I once let a CIII go which would have been my size (57). But it needed a fork and the paintjob would not have met my tastes. So in the end I simply decided to keep my CIII and live with it for the time being.

No loss. I consider my CIII to be a real winner.

And I have a CSI with a steel fork. I don't know who built it. But it is being repaired and repainted by Chris Kvale in Minneapolis and pics will be posted when it is ready!

Serotta_Andrew
05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I bought mine through a gentleman on the East Coast (he worked in a bike store). He said he specially requested Kelly to make the BB area extra stiff. Wonder if Kelly just designed it and/or built it too...

Steve

Kelly definitely designed your Csi and a very good change he also built it if it was one from the last few years.

Serotta_Andrew
05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
:

Smiley, I had the chance to get a 30 ani frame..... now i only get to see the one one the wall at the factory..

handsomerob
05-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I once let a CIII go which would have been my size (57). But it needed a fork and the paintjob would not have met my tastes. So in the end I simply decided to keep my CIII and live with it for the time being.

No loss. I consider my CIII to be a real winner.

And I have a CSI with a steel fork. I don't know who built it. But it is being repaired and repainted by Chris Kvale in Minneapolis and pics will be posted when it is ready!

I just got this 1996 CSi. Is there any way to know who built it? I don't know much about Serotta history, this is the first I have heard about this Kelly fellow.

I also have a 1984 Club Special that I would like to feel good about selling, but I don't think it would bring enough money to avoid seller's remorse.

Smiley
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM
this is the first I have heard about this Kelly fellow.

That's Master Frame builder Sir Kelly Bedford , great guy too

Serotta PETE
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Smiley come ride the below with SPOKES and I

The 30 anniversary frame, the killer blue with white panels and F2 fork
Kelly Bedford built CSI with TDF lugs and steel fork
Unicasi Ti/ST
:D :D

Now if I was only as fast as the bike.

Mr. Kelly B is an artist and builder second to none

Sandy
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Properly fitting CSI, say in Midnight Blue, no decals. That would be nice. That would be real nice.

Serotta Sandy

David Kirk
05-20-2007, 09:59 PM
You can't imagine how many I had in my hands and how few ended up in my garage.

Dave

tch
05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
You can't imagine how many I had in my hands and how few ended up in my garage.
Dave
Yeah, but at least the ones you have in your garage now have your name on them so you know who they belong to.... :)

handsomerob
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Properly fitting CSI, say in Midnight Blue, no decals. That would be nice. That would be real nice.

Serotta Sandy

Something like this....

I was told by the first owner that this one is in "Big Boy Blue" which I think I would prefer to a true Midnight Blue. It sure looks pretty in the sunlight. ;)

edited... currently pictures aren't uploading

David Kirk
05-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah, but at least the ones you have in your garage now have your name on them so you know who they belong to.... :)

You're right........Karin :)

Dave

Giff
05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I can't imagine ever getting rid of my Atlanta! Fits me real nice and I love the "upcharge" paint job I got on it. Only thing I would consider changing, outside of little gruppo changes, would be the fork. I'd love to score an F1 for it.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25364&stc=1

At some point I'd also like to find a 57cm or 58cm CSI as well.

zap
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
cut

Which ones do you pine for?

I need to talk to Ben and find out if the design has even been sketched out on a paper napkin yet.

Ken Robb
05-21-2007, 10:35 AM
all this discussion is prodding me to ask: does anyone have a 60 or 61cm CSI to trade for my 58cm CSI with F1 fork?

I love the ride but I'm old and stiff and need a taller front end.

dave thompson
05-21-2007, 10:48 AM
all this discussion is prodding me to ask: does anyone have a 60 or 61cm CSI to trade for my 58cm CSI with F1 fork?

I love the ride but I'm old and stiff and need a taller front end.
I'll buy the 'old' part.

Ken Robb
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I'll buy the 'old' part.

I'm sorry Dave but Leslie won't let me sell my old part.

dave thompson
05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry Dave but Leslie won't let me sell my old part.
LOL! :D

handsomerob
05-21-2007, 03:37 PM
I can't imagine ever getting rid of my Atlanta! Fits me real nice and I love the "upcharge" paint job I got on it. Only thing I would consider changing, outside of little gruppo changes, would be the fork. I'd love to score an F1 for it.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25364&stc=1

At some point I'd also like to find a 57cm or 58cm CSI as well.

I posted a pic of mine a few posts up. It is a 55.5cm CTC TT and 58cm CTC ST. It came with a very nice Nitto Pearl 90mm stem, but that was too short of a reach for me. I just happen to have a Cinelli 1A 120mm stem with 66-42 bars begging for use and was able to put it on there and have it fit perfect.

justinf
05-21-2007, 04:01 PM
I still think about that 24 hrs or so when dirt was officially selling the white legend dks. I shoulda jumped on that. :crap: