PDA

View Full Version : Cinelli Mod. 64 bars w/Ergo

merckx
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I realized that installing Ergo shifters on Cinelli Mod. 64 bars is not a good fit. The levers splay outward from the center a bit with the way the curve is oriented from the top flat. Was the Cinelli Top Ergo the remedy for this? There are some Top Ergo 64 bars available and was wondering if they are the solution. Any experience out there? Thanks.

mike p
05-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Mike

saab2000
05-18-2007, 09:44 PM
FWIW, they work fine with 66s. But they don't work with 65s.

CarbonTi
05-18-2007, 10:49 PM
How well Campy Ergos work with Cinelli 64s depends largely on how high you like to place them on the bar. The high-bar Lance-like Shim*no antlers set-up won't work with 64s. I have Ergos setup on a Pegoretti Luigino with Cinelli 64 & 1A's as per the attached pic.

If you need them higher on the bar, just set the Ergo as high as possible without splaying them outwards and rotate the bars in the stem to get them to the height you need.

BTW - prayers and positive thoughts to Dario.

merckx
05-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've set the levers so that the bottom of the lever is even with the bottom flat. This is usually how I mount my levers. They are not like Lance, nor are they like Yates. Somewhere in between. Maybe I will lower them a tad and see if I can sort it out. Love the peg, btw.

pale scotsman
05-19-2007, 07:17 AM
This is as high high as I could get them w/out the splaying. I like 64's a lot. Supposedly the oval concepts are real close, but no silver.

TMB
05-20-2007, 04:31 PM
How well Campy Ergos work with Cinelli 64s depends largely on how high you like to place them on the bar. The high-bar Lance-like Shim*no antlers set-up won't work with 64s. I have Ergos setup on a Pegoretti Luigino with Cinelli 64 & 1A's as per the attached pic.

If you need them higher on the bar, just set the Ergo as high as possible without splaying them outwards and rotate the bars in the stem to get them to the height you need.

BTW - prayers and positive thoughts to Dario.

Is that Luigino a custom fit or standard goemetry??

I dropped off my deposit for a Luigino on Thursday, the word on Dario came out Friday .........

All the best for the man.