PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop

dnovo
12-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Gary, thank you very much for this:

"D N you are a special case and I will address your "Polite rejoinder" comments offline. Other than correctly pointing out the innapropriatess of my raising the subject, I feel you - more so than anyone else - have misinterpreted and miscommunicated so many aspects of the issue, that it would be further innapropriate of me to mention them here."

Thanks for 'outing' my full name, hardly a secret but a courtesy we all try to do for one another here. And a first even for the old group, but now from our former non-moderator and secular saint nonetheless

An accident? Not in light of what I consider misconduct on your part that caused my family a great deal of personal grief when you refused to even allow me to discuss it with you by contacting you as the forum administrator. An accident? I don't think so.

And thank you for singling me out to attack my motives for objecting to what you know admit was a bad idea. Yes, now you say it was just a bad idea, sorry, but then why attack my motives for disagreeing with you -- and saying to everyone else that what I did was so bad, that you can only chastise me privately?

A classic hit and run. Hit me and then take the high road.

Don't bother trying to contact me off-line, Gary. You are not allowed to send me any private notes after that shot. Take it in the same spirit as what you did when you refused to accept my notes asking you to remove my email link because my wife was at home crying and calling our local authorities because she was getting filthly notes from the trolls you thought should have access to our shared email. I reached out to you to simply ask that my email link be removed. You blocked my posts. (And I have all the 'bounces' for anyone who would like to see them, as well as notes from your 'fans' who have shared some of your real comments with me about the whole affair.)

Oh, never mind. Gary. Nothing you did wrong. The BASEMENT was a wonderful idea. Coming on here and asking all of us to shut the forum was just a bad idea, but something you admitted ONLY after some of us didn't agree with it. And yes, I was very vocal in my disagreements, and I was so bad in doing so that I deserve to be singled out by you and have you attack my motives for pointing out your 'mistake.' (Or, perhaps, attacking me for frustrating your ideas, because I thought they were ill-conveived.)

But that was bad on my part, and I recognize it. You are a saint on this group, can do no wrong, and I am Satan. I deserve to be 'outed' -- *&%$# lawyer!

Relax, Gary, no need to lash out against me as you so clearly did above. You almost pulled it off, and all of those nice notes to you saying it was okay for you to try to shut down this forum -- who could ever question why you want to do that -- should make what you tried to do soon fade into the past.

And to help divert attention from what you tried to do, just blame your favorite whipping boy, that *&%$# lawyer!. Nobody seemed to call you on that nor say, "why single out Dave, Gary, others agreed with him. Why bring up his motives and then go so far as to use his full name, which you have access to as the former administrator?'

No, Gary can't be faulted for that, can he? It is all your fault Dave, you put the idea into Gary's head. Leave him alone. Stop frustrating his well intended mistakes. He deserves praise for his mistakes, as we are now all falling over ourselves to give him, and we don't like you picking on him as he has just complained about. He was within his rights to say what he did about you for frustrating his plans. Shame on you.

I agree. We don't want people here who rock the boat by pointing out the obvious. Contact Ben. Tell Gary that you won't join his new forums if I am permitted there. Tell Ben I am causing trouble again and tell him it is either me or you.

The 'report this post' button is at the bottom folks. Do your part, get rid of me and let's all go back to thanking someone for a 'well intended' effort to sink the ship once again.

Dave N. -- and a Happy Holidays to those of you who still want to talk to me.

Dick Little
12-24-2003, 06:15 PM
I guess every village has one!

Sandy
12-24-2003, 06:25 PM
I hope that this thread dies quickly, since all I can see happening here is the start of animosity towards others, some of whom might even be amicable now. Please let it fade away. We had too much of this before, and if it starts to grow, I, for one will back away considerably.

So Seriously Sincerely Sad STill Serotta Sandy

dnovo
12-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Hi Dick. How's the back? Dave N.

dnovo
12-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Relax, Sandy, I have it out of my system now. I actually missed Dick and what I just said to him was sincere, I hope his back is better and he is riding again. And what DID you select for wheels? Dave N.

slowgoing
12-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Dave – If Kahuna was out of line, so too are you for personally attacking him online. Plus, if you were really offended by his mention of your full name, I don’t understand why you started a new thread and repeated your full name in the first message of that thread for all to see. Your post also appears to violate the rule against disrespecting other members, and that if you don’t have anything nice to say, button it.

I personally wish you would stop trying to make this forum your individual podium for exorcising all of your demons, internal or external. Your relentless efforts at feeding the trolls on the past forum, notwithstanding your prior calls to others to ignore them, and over the advice of others that you follow your own advice, only served to fragment that forum. Now you have resorted to flaming the founder of that old forum, of all people. I cannot speak about the reaction of others, but in my case, I stopped reading your posts for a while (a hard thing to do in view of your posting proficiency of late), much like I would do with some trolls. Now that this condescending conduct has returned, I’m inclined to leave the forum completely, solely because of your confrontational posts. Very few of us, I would imagine, are eager to see this type of conduct continue.

And no one is picking on you because you are a lawyer. I would imagine quite a few lawyer are members of this and the prior forum, and no one picked on them for that reason. My reactions are based upon what you say and how you say it, not what you constantly remind us you do for a living.

dnovo
12-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Bless you, Slow. I accept your words and will follow them. I was out of line for responding to Gary's comments about me and should have simply ignored them rather than respond in kind. I will heed that in the future and ignore those trolls as you suggest. Hope all is well for you and yours. Dave

slowgoing
12-24-2003, 07:12 PM
P.S. I really do enjoy your cycling related posts. No joke.

Happy Holidays.

dnovo
12-24-2003, 07:15 PM
And I really enjoy your posts, and honestly respect your views. Try not to fall over in shock, don't want you to miss a ride in the morning before or after opening presents. Dave N.

Kahuna
12-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Dave N.

>Thanks for 'outing' my full name,[..] An accident?

Yes, accident. No harm intended.

>hardly a secret [..]

You got that right!

Anyway... I fixed my post. If you're really interested in protecting your privacy, you may want to do the same here.

Aloha,

K. :beer:

shinomaster
12-24-2003, 08:42 PM
What is going on? I am so cornfused?? I have clearly, missed something. Thank God...
Dave...Many of us remember your last name which was no secret on the old form...It is a fine Polish Name...Like mine.."Przydryga". I hope this can all be worked out with no more public insulting. You both have so much to offer and contribute, It would be a shame for anyone to leave. I know lots of nice Lawyers by the way..especially the one my mom is fooling around with..Those tricky Italians!
Where ever this group of clowns goes I go...I don't honestly care if is is the Serotta forum or the Fuji form etc...

Merry Christmas to all!!

Peace on Earth!

Good will Toward Men , and of course the Woman!

To all a good night!

Shino:beer: :beer:

dnovo
12-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Then you would remember, Shino, that it's not Polish. My lovely wife is Polish, and I spent a great time there last year at a friend's wedding. We hail from the area around Kiev, but the family left in early 1914 so my fluency in Russian matches my ability in Polish.

And happy holidays to you and to Gary, those 'smilies' notwithstanding. Perhaps a New Years Resolution would be I don't rant, you guys stop with those *&%$#@ 'smilies?'

Peace. Dave N.

Kahuna
12-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Dave N.

The comments I made in private notwithstanding, I can assure you this is a matter of misunderstanding that I'm sure we can easily clear up. I can also assure you I had no malicious intent in this whole affair - the offer to contact you offline was not meant to be a cheap shot but more like the olive branch of peace. Anyway glad to accept your offer to bang glasses and enjoy some good cheer. So let's go have a Christmas and unwrap some goodies! :)

-K

shinomaster
12-25-2003, 12:17 AM
forgive my error Dave those Slavic names all sound the same to me...

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

dnovo
12-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Nothing to 'forgive.' As my wife will point out, the Poles gave us the intellect of Marie Curie, the bravery of the Polish Hussars, Napoleon's most loyal and fierce warriors, and the beauty of Polish women is legendary -- Napoleon took one look at Maire Walesa and was in love the rest of his life, a fact that I understand as I still feel my wife is the loveliest of women nearly 40 years after I first laid eyes upon her. (And a fact she never hesitates to remind me of -- but with a smile on her face when she does it.) Merry Christmas, Shino. Dave

csm
12-26-2003, 01:13 PM
boy, stop checking this forum everyday and look what you miss.....