PDA

View Full Version : Giro on webtv?

Onno
05-16-2007, 07:51 AM
I just finished handing in my grades, and I'd love to see some of the Giro. No matter what the drug scandals, my adrenaline flows when a large pack of cyclists hits a big hill. I can't seem to find a live Giro feed, at least one that works for a Mac. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Onno

Ray
05-16-2007, 08:14 AM
I just finished handing in my grades, and I'd love to see some of the Giro. No matter what the drug scandals, my adrenaline flows when a large pack of cyclists hits a big hill. I can't seem to find a live Giro feed, at least one that works for a Mac. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Onno
Cycling TV (cycling.tv - I think) has the whole thing. But it'll cost you something like $25.

-Ray

cmg
05-16-2007, 08:22 AM
cost $25 plus you have to have broadband.

Bill Bove
05-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Picture is great at home where I have a faster connection but at the shop, where I spend most of my time, the picture sucks. Still better than nothing.

I can also buy RAI, the Italian TV channel from the satalitte provider but that's too much.

Bittersweet
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM
http://www.media.rai.it/mpmedia/0,,Sport%5E24655,00.html#

Free on RAI tv via the web. Above link should work.

cmg
05-16-2007, 10:02 AM
last year RAI had a daily feed on the website but no such luxury this year.

Bittersweet
05-16-2007, 10:13 AM
last year RAI had a daily feed on the website but no such luxury this year.

It is streaming on the web right now. Free

Onno
05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't seem to get this working on my Mac, and I can't make sense of the Italian instructions. Any advice?

Bittersweet
05-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I can't seem to get this working on my Mac, and I can't make sense of the Italian instructions. Any advice?

I'm not running a Mac so I can't help there. I did have to turn off pop-up blocker to make it work. Also it is live so if you go there now it is just a black screen. The stages all end around noon eastern US time so start watching sometime before then.

This was really a hit or miss thing. I started at the RAI main site on Saturday and kept clicking on things that said Giro until it finally came on. Again try it in the AM when it is live or it doesn't do anything.