PDA

View Full Version : Classic Silver Bars with Groove ....

Ahneida Ride
05-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Is a Classic Silver bar with grooves for Campy routing available anywhere?

All decent looking grooved bars seem to be in black. (Oval Classic for example)
The Nitto's seems to lack a grove.

Thanks ! ;)

SadieKate
05-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I've been buying Cinelli using eBay.

GregLR
05-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Ahneida Ride

I did a thorough search for silver bars about 18 months ago when upgrading a 10-yo steel frame, and I ended up buying both of these silver bars with Campy cable grooves:

- Modolo 'Venus' - http://www.modolo.com/1_road_handlebars_temp.php?id=9 These are made for women, but I wasn't too worried about that given the restricted options available. However, I was unable to fit a quill stem to these bars - the angle is too tight to get the stem around to the flat section after getting it over the drop section.

- Modolo "X Tenos" from Peter White http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/handlebars.asp. This is what I ended up using. But note that they seem to have a few cm more reach than other bars (eg, the 3TTT 4GX that I'm using on another bike).

These were the only examples I could find at that time.

Hope this is of some help.

Greg

Ahneida Ride
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks Sadie !

Thanks Greg !!!!....

I am investigating your suggestions .... :banana:

frenk
05-18-2007, 04:40 AM
the new deda newton comes in silver. Not really shining silver though, more like titanium.

PeterW
05-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Call Jitensha Studio.

I have a set of Nitto Bars (shiny silver!), classic bend, with groves. Shallow drop.

Called the "Neat" or something like that. Not imported in big numbers, but Hiroshi might have some.

As has been posted by many, if you like shiny silver, Nitto bars are the bomb.

Ahneida Ride
05-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Call Jitensha Studio.

I have a set of Nitto Bars (shiny silver!), classic bend, with groves. Shallow drop.

Called the "Neat" or something like that. Not imported in big numbers, but Hiroshi might have some.

As has been posted by many, if you like shiny silver, Nitto bars are the bomb.

But willl they fit on a modern Thompson stem or are desiged for Quills?

What is the thickess of these bars?

Thanks ....

PeterW
05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
The ones I have are 26.0.

There are plenty of threadless stems w/ 26.0