PDA

View Full Version : Hors v. Legend ST

slowgoing
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Can anyone with experience out there provide a description of the differences and similarities in the ride of a[n] Hors with a Legend ST?

SoCalSteve
05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
This has been covered many times on here (me being one of the people who covered it)...

Do a search and you will get much information. That said...

The Hors (DKS) and the ST are similar except the DKS gives you more travel. The ST is better for climbing ( it is more efficient), but not as good for descending (as the DKS gives you more suspension travel, its a more solid,planted feel when descending). Its a compromise (as is most things in life).

Hope this helps (a bit),

Steve

Climb01742
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
most comparisons between these two bikes have focused on the seatstays, for obvious reasons. but there is the rest of the bike to consider. every legend i've ridden was over-built for me (all were stock or built for others, no customs.) the exception was the hors i owned. it had a very pleasant flex to it, just enough for me. less stiff than any of the legends i rode. so while the seatstays are the eye-catching difference, the rest of each frame can be quite different too.

pdxmech13
05-11-2007, 12:24 PM
all good opinions mentioned above :beer:

jl123
05-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Climb,

"every legend i've ridden was over-built for me (all were stock or built for others, no customs.) the exception was the hors i owned."

Trying to understand what you said, was your Hors/Cat designed for you? If you how did Serotta build it?

Thanks, JL