PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, the French...

Russ
06-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Check this out pals....

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/06/10/france.suvs/index.html

Would this ever happen in an American City?!! I don't think so....

Tom
06-10-2004, 12:13 PM
I can't believe you can fit one of those vehicles down some of those streets. A Civic just like mine looked gargantuan parked next to cars scaled to the streets of Rome. A truck must be ridiculous.

Todd Owen
06-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I just returned from Paris with the following thoughts. Having a huge suv is stupid unless you are a contractor or rancher and need it for work, the low carb diet is BS as most french people I saw made 90 % of americans look fat and they eat bread, they eat smaller portions and walk or ride a bike to work. When I got back to the US walked by a fast food place in O'Hare and felt sick with the grease smell after eating the french cuisine. My point is that larger is not always better, we waste more food, gas, and space than we need to. I realize this may insult a few of the forum members... but I am calling them as I see them..... the French do not hate us ..... read the newest copy of the economist magazine for some insight on US French relations.My premise is the goldfish theory.. we have expanded to fit our tank which is quite large. the French have less stress, live longer and better health than americans.. due to lack of excess. one last thing why I am on a soap box. the average Paris citizen is NOT yacking rudely on there cell phone and don't wear nike basketball shoes unlaced. pants hanging below there crack and a basketball jersey 15 sizes too big with the hat backwards. (every american youth I saw in O'Hare)

Roy E. Munson
06-10-2004, 01:00 PM
We also have more guns and kill more people - our own and other countries people.

Todd Owen
06-10-2004, 01:06 PM
amen..... roy

shinomaster
06-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Except for all the dog poop on the sidewalks. Why shouldn't SUV's be banned from small towns and cities? Or from planet earth? I guess maybe they are an easy way to use up all the oil left on earth so a few people can make a few trillion dollars.. Tax write off?

Hmm...

I love a good steak a frites. And I love carbs!

I could not be more skinny.