PDA

View Full Version : Landis says lawyer asked him to implicate Armstrong

jbrainin
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Here's the link to the article: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2866845

Bill Bove
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
What a fuqued up stuation. Everybody's doing it but they can't catch anybody. Who are the bigger jerks? The athletes for cheating the fans? WADA/USADA for being incompetent compounded by stupiditity?

BBB
05-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I wonder whatever happened to those photos Landis was said to have?

Lost Weekend
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM
tugboat urinated on them

shaq-d
05-11-2007, 02:50 AM
lol. landis pwned.

Climb01742
05-11-2007, 04:57 AM
these guys are judge, jury and executioner. floyd is so screwed, whether he's guilty or not. wish there wa a true "legal" system this could go through. hey, is judge judy available?

Kevin
05-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Standard operating procedure for most judicial type systems, offer a deal to the smaller fish to turn states evidence on the larger fish. Not very suprising in my opinion.

Kevin

Chris
05-11-2007, 09:09 AM
It's standard procedure when they are trying to catch someone active. I don't how motivated they would be to catch someone in the past. It could only hurt cycling IMHO.

I'm out here in the deep end and I could have sworn I just saw Floyd go off...

I've always thought the kid was a little weird, but this tops it.

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Not a surprise and so, so sad. As I said in the other thread, once an accusation is made, the prosecution has a huge vested interest in getting a conviction, and the real truth be d@mned . . .

This is becoming so ludicrous . . .

BBD

Waldo
05-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Not a surprise and so, so sad. As I said in the other thread, once an accusation is made, the prosecution has a huge vested interest in getting a conviction, and the real truth be d@mned . . .

BBD

Right, and what's the real truth, again? That Floyd's testosterone level was equal to that of seven healthy men?

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I was under the definite impression that the usual lower of the two levels was way too low, not that the usually higher was way too high. There are also mutliple problems with the sample analysis methods and the ethical reliabilitiy of the lab which I feel Landis has made a good case for, regardless of his real guilt or innocence.

But my opinion about Floyd himself is not set. My bigger problem is with the mechanism of testing and prosecution in itself. The enforcement authorities really seem to have no interest in actually ascertaining the truth. They just want to make sure everyone who is accused is convicted, no matter what it takes to do it.

BBD

tch
05-11-2007, 01:43 PM
My bigger problem is with the mechanism of testing and prosecution in itself. The enforcement authorities really seem to have no interest in actually ascertaining the truth. They just want to make sure everyone who is accused is convicted, no matter what it takes to do it.
BBD
"Innocent people are not suspects" --- Attorney General Edwin Meese.

gdw
05-11-2007, 01:53 PM
The whole system is corrupt. Riders, labs, management, etc. Professional cycling has less credibility than pro wrestling and is not as entertaining. Bunch of whinny pansy a** pencil necked geeks.

Waldo
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
The whole system is corrupt. Riders, labs, management, etc. Professional cycling has less credibility than pro wrestling and is not as entertaining. Bunch of whinny pansy a** pencil necked geeks.

Yep, that's why I love bike racing too.

gdw
05-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Too bad we can't bet on it like at the track. :D

Bud_E
05-11-2007, 04:32 PM

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=25314&stc=1

rounder
05-11-2007, 08:59 PM

BBD

and also...the media is paid to feed off it. in the end no one is ever happy except some of the l.wyers who make a lot of money (never used to be so cynical).

rwsaunders
05-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm with BB Dave on this one. Floyd's been outed, but so were the kids at Duke.

I don't necessarily think that some of these athlete's are the brightest bulbs in the circuit, but Floyd is at least forcing the issue that the methodology be brought to the forefront and let there be a systematic procedure of judgement.

There's a decent article in this past issue of Bicycling regarding his case.

BumbleBeeDave
05-12-2007, 05:04 AM
. . . I'm right?

Wow. I guess there IS a first for everything! ;)

No way in H#ll I would ever want to be a professional cyclist in the current climate. Same for letting my kid be one.

BBD

Kevin
05-12-2007, 07:13 AM
. . . I'm right?

BBD

Say it isn't so. :beer:

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
05-12-2007, 09:42 AM
The only thing that would surprise me more is if you actually show up for tour de Toga! ;) :p :rolleyes: :beer:

BBD

ciclisto
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Right, and what's the real truth, again? That Floyd's testosterone level was equal to that of seven healthy men?

you know, it is really poor to have to read uninformed condescension, Mr. Landis had tested for a "NORMAL" amount of testosterone, it was the ratio to epitestosterone which was off, this is not affected by injestion of testosterone which would have raised his free testosterone. The lab tested it four times and only once was it high, suggestive of contamination, otherwise all four tests of
the same sample would correlate. please!

csm
05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
what if what landis is saying is true? why isn't wada and ****y pound subject to the same guilty until proven innocent ideals that everyone has towards the atheletes?

Dave B
05-14-2007, 12:41 PM
what if what landis is saying is true? why isn't wada and ****y pound subject to the same guilty until proven innocent ideals that everyone has towards the atheletes?

I am sure Landis is saying the truth, but those guys make the rules, so they do not feel they need to answer to them.

If they admit they were wrong, it will set a precedent for others to refute the labs/agency.

This opens up all sorts of past cases, new cases, etc. They are going to make an example out of Floyd, you watch.

\You can hear Pound thinking to himself "The only tour rider ever stripped was on my watch!" that will be his legacy.

He is a Bag of S&^t and should not be in the role of director.

The Pros need to get united or they are going to be torn apart even further in the future.

BumbleBeeDave
05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
. . . with the esteemed Mr. President. The "authorities" will, under NO circumstances, admit they made a mistake as such. They have too much pride and ego and too many $$ at stake.

BBD

BBB
05-14-2007, 07:08 PM
. . . with the esteemed Mr. President. The "authorities" will, under NO circumstances, admit they made a mistake as such. They have too much pride and ego and too many $$ at stake.

BBD

Same with those who get caught, unless they get caught red handed. Think David Millar.