PDA

View Full Version : These folks are simply not serious! What a joke

BdaGhisallo
05-10-2007, 08:39 AM
From Cyclingnews:

The first meeting occurred Wednesday evening, a few hours after the organizer of the Vuelta announced that he does not want any riders named in Operación Puerto to ride in its race.

Also from Cyclingnews, in the same report:

Even if Alejandro Valverde is alleged to be involved in Operación Puerto the organisation of the Vuelta a España, Unipublic, hope that he will participate in this year's edition. Just yesterday lamented it lamented of the slow progress in the investigation.

During yesterday's presentation of the two stages of the Vuelta a España that will cross the province of Murcia (September 14 and 15), Javier Guillén, the General Secretary of Unipublic, expressed his wish to see Valverde in the 2007 edition even if the Caisse d'Epargne rider has already publicly declared that he won't participate.

"He said already last year that he won't participate in the Vuelta, because he will focus on the Tour, but later he crashed in France and changed his plan, so that he did finally he participated in our race."

Unipublic hopes that Valverde, as Murcian, "could learn a lesson from his team mate Oscar Pereiro who, like him, will challenge the Tour and has confirmed that he will be at the start of the Vuelta in Vigo." The start town is in the same Galician region where Pereiro lives.

So I guess they want to stand firm and defend the sport and battle the demon that is doping.... unless it will hurt them financially?

This is all such a f*cking joke! None of these guys have any credibility with me anymore. F*ck 'em all. Let's go back to the way it was before 1988 - no UCI running of pro cycling, no ProTour - hell, no World Cup even, and get back to the simple old way of companies organising races. No matter how big or small the race, the organizers could invite whomever they chose and the teams could choose which invitations to accept. If the Italians don't want to race outside of Italy much like Saronni, then they don't have to!

Oh bring back the sport I fell in love with as a teenager!