PDA

View Full Version : tyler out of giro

Climb01742
05-10-2007, 05:11 AM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12226.0.html

if he had done what millar did, he'd be racing now. his denials (appear) to be both unethical and ultimately stupid. it's costing him more than the two-year suspension. ironic that the one guy who came clean is the one racing. how's that code of silence working out for ya?

putting aside true or false, the most pragmatic thing to do is cop a plea, save your money, do your time, then race again.

yo, ivan, you watchin' this?

Kevin
05-10-2007, 05:47 AM
It is always the cover-up and denial that gets them in trouble. i.e. Nixon, Clinton, Bush, etc. It is better to come clean, say you screwed up and move on.

Kevin

david
05-10-2007, 06:10 AM
tyler out of job.
suspended from tinkoff. i can't imagine who would pick him up.
at least there's mt. washington.
wonder if he'll still wear the "believe" kit.

BumbleBeeDave
05-10-2007, 06:28 AM
His denials look more and more ludicrous. However, I am a bit hazy on the exact reasons for the suspension. Is it just because the investigation has been re-opened, or did they definitely match him up with some of the blood bags through DNA testing?

BBD

Climb01742
05-10-2007, 06:40 AM
it seems it's based on all the tours agreeing to ban any rider "implicated" in puerto. and there apparently is mucho circumstantial evidence of tyler's involvement. tinkoff wants their team to be able to race the giro, hence no tyler.

William
05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
You know, I'm sick hearing about the whole thing.

imho, Tyler had his chance to fess up. Had he done so, the "P" affair might not effected him too much since he would have already admitted to doping. But, now he's lost all credibility, burned off all the folks who believed in him and tried to help him out, and now he's getting kicked out of the Giro.

You know the old saying: He made his bed.....

Let the chips fall where they may. I want to go riding.

William

LegendRider
05-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I hope Parlee dissassociates themselves with him. It gives my bike a bad name...

BumbleBeeDave
05-10-2007, 07:10 AM
. . . he has a relationship with the MS Society, where I am on the committee for the MS Ride. I hope nobody asks me about him at our ride. What will I say?

BBD

LegendRider
05-10-2007, 07:26 AM
. . . he has a relationship with the MS Society, where I am on the committee for the MS Ride. I hope nobody asks me about him at our ride. What will I say?

BBD

I know nothing...

Tom
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM

BBD

He loved his dog.

J.Greene
05-10-2007, 07:49 AM

BBD

The Truth?

JG

soulspinner
05-10-2007, 07:59 AM
He loved his dog.

Basso loved his enough to name his blood bags Brillo(or whatever). BRILLIANT. :butt:

J.Greene
05-10-2007, 08:09 AM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/12226.0.html

putting aside true or false, the most pragmatic thing to do is cop a plea, save your money, do your time, then race again.

yo, ivan, you watchin' this?

Climb,

I think they are listening to you. Cyclingnews is reporting that 32 spanish riders are trying to cop a plea that would allow them to race again in the 2008 vuelta.

JG

Avispa
05-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Our beloved DBRK once said on this forum:

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

And that is precisely the problem with all these guys involved in this type of (Puerto) mess. They start making up stories and they begin to sound stupid!

Just reminds me of Floyd after the Tour.

One thing I hope does not happen, is that the UCI would allow them to get of with a one year suspension. These boys otta sit 2 years like the rest (Millar, Heras, etc.)

By the way, have you noticed how quiet Lance is about the whole thing.... That boy really knows best! ;)

David Kirk
05-10-2007, 09:48 AM
When you get booted by Tinkoff you really got booted.

Dave

zank
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM

Dave

post of the century

TAW
05-10-2007, 09:57 AM
is not only the deception, but the ridiculous lies they make up.
Some of them sound like stuff a 5 year old would say,
"I had these bags of blood stashed just in case I decided to dope."

bozman
05-10-2007, 10:57 AM

BBD

You could always use the McGwire defense: "I am not hear to talk about the past."

victoryfactory
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
They wanted me to ride for Tinkoff, but they couldn't
find me a jersey big enough. I am dissappointed, but I'll be back...

VF

PaulE
05-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Dave

Would you say Tyler was Tinked off?

Lunar Probe
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Would you say Tyler was Tinked off?

He was Tugged off, Pet Semetary-style.

William
05-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Hey!

This is a family forum. No mentioning Tug Jobs here. :no:

William ;)

PaulE
05-11-2007, 01:40 PM

I never read the book or saw the movie Pet Semetary, so I just read the plot summary over at wikipedia. Based on that, I would now say Tyler was Tugged on and then Tinked Off.