PDA

View Full Version : Attention Jerky Boy!

SBash
06-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Mr Jerk

You seem to be the expert on eddy merckx frames. I know the steel merckx fairly well but the aluminum frames not much. What can you tell me about the Merckx Alu Team frames? Any good? Geometry? For big boy over 200lbs? Ride characteristics? Whatever you know.

SB
MX Leader soon!

SBash
06-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Where is the Jerk? Has anyone else had any experience with Merckx Team Alu?

jerk
06-11-2004, 10:28 AM
alu team- nice bike raced on one for a while. stiff light and snappy....not quite as "springy" for lack of a better term than the newer team sc but because the geometry is what it is they are/were great race bikes. try to find one in the gan white if you can. no one does pearls like eddy.

SBash
06-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Jerk

Is the geometry the same as the Merckx MX Leader. I did a search and not much out there.

SB

jerk
06-11-2004, 02:57 PM
yup, stock ones were made in merckx century geometry....part of the reason there so nice. if you get one make sure you're able to track down some GAN bar tape.....

SBash
06-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks Jerk

I'm looking at a used one right now, so don't no the history. I will probably take a chance because the price is right. Who knows, may not need th MX Leader. Already have a couple of grea steel bikes. I just like the Merckx Century geo.

SB