PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of the new Lew's Pro VT-1

Jack Brunk
05-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I've been beta testing the new VT-1 wheel set from Lew racing. I have put a good amount of miles on them with two different versions. I just received the newest version 2.0 this weekend and I must say that they a top notch wheel. My set weighed in at 914 grams in the campy version. They are incredible in the crosswinds, appear stiffer than LW's and ADA's and roll so easy. They have a soft feel while riding but seem to roll with ease with every pedal stroke. I visited the factory on Friday and was very impressed with their wheel building process.
It's nice to have another player in the top end wheel market.

Jack

saab2000
05-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the review and report! It is very nice to hear about the top o' the line stuff!

For now my Nucleons will have to suffice, but maybe some day I can also have a Meivici with Lews!

Honest, thanks for the report!

jbrainin
05-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you think there is any chance that Lew might build a narrow-V wheelset like the LW Ventoux?

Jonathan

Jack Brunk
05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Do you think there is any chance that Lew might build a narrow-V wheelset like the LW Ventoux?

Jonathan

They have a few more things to hit the market by Interbike. My next test will be their boron wheelset which should happen in August. I was able to check out their new rim. I think it's about 45-60 heavier and should build into an incredible wheel.

Climb01742
05-08-2007, 04:17 AM
jack, did you do that two-day test ride and hotel stay that they offer in vegas? for $500, it looks tempting. how do they wheels ride on rough/bad pavement? did you hear anything about their clincher version due in the fall? i saw your write-up about lews on another forum, maybe fairwheelbikes. thanks for the report.

Jack Brunk
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
No but I hear from Lee at Lew that 2-3 people a week are using it at this time. The wheels are very durable so far and I'm amazed at how soft they feel at the same time.

TAW
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Forgive me if I missed it, but what kind of tires were you using on those?

Jack Brunk
05-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Veloflex carbons

shinomaster
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I've been beta testing the new VT-1 wheel set from Lew racing. I have put a good amount of miles on them with two different versions. I just received the newest version 2.0 this weekend and I must say that they a top notch wheel. My set weighed in at 914 grams in the campy version. They are incredible in the crosswinds, appear stiffer than LW's and ADA's and roll so easy. They have a soft feel while riding but seem to roll with ease with every pedal stroke. I visited the factory on Friday and was very impressed with their wheel building process.
It's nice to have another player in the top end wheel market.

Jack

Would you mind if I borrowed yours for cross racing this fall?

Jack Brunk
05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Nope, I wouldn't mind.

J.Greene
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Jack,

tell us how the Sachs track bike rides.

JG

Jack Brunk
05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Jack,

tell us how the Sachs track bike rides.

JG

I haven't ridden it yet. I need too soon. I'll report back.

bluehorseshoe
05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Lew must be doing well -- the red rock package is booked mid-week for the next couple of weeks!

shinomaster
05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Jack tell us how your your Mevici rides. :banana:

Jack Brunk
05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Jack tell us how your your Mevici rides. :banana:
Top quality ride. The 10.5 chain stays made the bike snappy, fast and still is able to maintain comfort for long hours in the saddle. For me it's a perfect combo.

jhcakilmer
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Jack, just wondering how much you weigh, I see that they have a clydesdale set, but you tested the standard set, right?

Do you have any pics of the bike, with the wheels?

Jack Brunk
05-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey Jack, just wondering how much you weigh, I see that they have a clydesdale set, but you tested the standard set, right?

Do you have any pics of the bike, with the wheels?

I weigh 170 pounds. I have only tested the standard set to date. I will be taking pictures as soon as I get some free time. Up to this point I''ve tested the wheels on my Meivici. I just put them on my Look 595 and on the one ride I've done they are exceptional. I post the pics hopefully by this weekend.

Jack