PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bike Kit Rocks!

FierteTi52
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I ordered tires from Probikekit.com on Thursday night after a sidewall blowout that required a cell phone call rescue. Michelin pro Race 2 for $28.00, no shipping, and they were at the door today (Monday) when I arrived home from work. I have ordered tires several times and the service has been great. Highly recomemed
Jeff

gdw
05-07-2007, 07:56 PM
That's a heck of a deal if you are dealing with the UK based company. They normally charge a 12 pound fee for shipments outside of the EU and quote a delivery time of up to 28 days.

rwsaunders
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Straight from the website:
How much is postage to the USA?
We charge a flat rate of 10.00 USD for all orders to the USA!

How long will it take to receive my order?
We pack and ship all orders on the day we receive them, orders to the USA on average take 7-10 days but please allow 28 days for exceptional circumstances.

It looks like a heckuva website. If we place enough orders, perhaps we'll get them to update their spelling too. You know, tire or tyre, color or colour.

rounder
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
i haven't heard of them but i stumbled on texas cyclesports when i was buying parts (it was a velonews link). they have a really good selection and their prices are reasonable. for what it's worth.

gdw
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Are you sure about the shipping? I know that they show a $10 fee when you check out but the shipping instructions say otherwise -
http://www.probikekit.com/postage.php
"International delivery charges for orders sent to countries outside the European Union is charged at a flat fee of £12.00 regardless of order value."
I hope you're right because they have some great deals on Michelins right now.

FierteTi52
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
OK guys,
last time I ordered from them, the web page indicated free shipping on tires. This time I didn't bother checking out any shipping info. I checked my invoice and I was charged $10.00 shipping. This was for 6 tires, 6 tubes, and 2 patch kits. Still a smokin deal.
Jeff

coylifut
05-08-2007, 12:24 AM
i ordered 2 sets of Michelins based on the link the Drunk posted a month or so ago. $22 per tire and it included shipping. They arrived in 5 days. I'd order from em again. Now if I could find a deal on the Rapha stuff I'd be set.

bostondrunk
05-08-2007, 06:26 AM
I read a rumor on RBR that the free shipping to North America may be back soon. Not sure if that is true or not.

djg
05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
OK guys,
last time I ordered from them, the web page indicated free shipping on tires. This time I didn't bother checking out any shipping info. I checked my invoice and I was charged $10.00 shipping. This was for 6 tires, 6 tubes, and 2 patch kits. Still a smokin deal.
Jeff

There's a link on the main page for U.S. customers which takes one to the news that it's 10 bucks for shipping to the U.S., just as they charged you. It was cool when it was only ... free, but this is still very reasonable, especially if you're getting a few items, and some of the prices are great.