PDA

View Full Version : Mariposa ?

News Man
05-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello all. I know this is a very knowledgeable forum in regards to custom bikes and builders.

If Mariposa was building you a bicycle, what would you have them build you? My slot is coming up here shortly and I am undecided.

Thanks.

xlbs
05-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Mike Barry will build you a lovely randonneur bicycle--he's the best at this in the whole wide world. He also does fine touring bicycles, and can build an excellent classic lugged steel racing bicycle.

He has about a 2 year waiting list these days, as is only taking names to add to that list.

I just spoke to him moments ago, and he's willing to take orders, but only on this basis.

News Man
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Mike Barry will build you a lovely randonneur bicycle--he's the best at this in the whole wide world. He also does fine touring bicycles, and can build an excellent classic lugged steel racing bicycle.

He has about a 2 year waiting list these days, as is only taking names to add to that list.

I just spoke to him moments ago, and he's willing to take orders, but only on this basis.

When I say my slot is coming up, I mean I have waited 2 years and he is about to start on my frame. I want it to be a frame that showcases his talent. You know how certain builders will be know for a certain style bicycle. What will Mike be know for?

trophyoftexas
05-07-2007, 02:56 PM
...are you back from Houston? There is a man here that needs your help!

Sandy
05-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I would think that dbrk might chime in here. He is one who could really help you for sure.

Sandy

Serotta PETE
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Send a note to DBRK (Douglas) he is an expert on doing something special. He has helped me numerous times. I have seem some of the RONDONEER bike types from Mike and they were a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10.

PETE

fiamme red
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
What kind of bike do you want? Touring, road, randonneur, city?

rnhood
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
If it was me it would be the Randonneuring bike in full chrome (if he will do it). It would include the stainless rack that they build exactly like in the picture. It looks better than any rack on the market. Big tire clearance of course. Their standard road bike in full chrome would be nice too.

http://www.bikespecialties.com/images/mariposa/randonneur1/marip_randonneur1_01.jpg

goonster
05-07-2007, 03:42 PM
IMO, there are two things that Mike Barry does like noone else.

1. Fully-realized, integrated rando bikes. Sure, there are more and more builders who are doing this, but Mike has been doing it all along. I'm talking about true randonneuses, with racks, fenders, generators and lighting. Every component is part of the bike from the start of design. If we take excellent new-school builders out of the equation, I can only think of Mssrs. G. Berthoud and M. Csuka (Cycles Alex Singer) who have also been doing this for more than a few years.

2. Custom chromed racks. Who else does this? Others do gorgeous work with painted or stainless, but who else chromes these days? Singer, maybe.

IMO, a full-on Mariposa randonneuse is rivalled only by a Singer, and each has slightly different charms.

http://www.cyclofiend.com/cc/images/cc026-2rightside2.jpg

http://www.cyclofiend.com/cc/images/cc026-4Mariposa_Seatlug.jpg

http://www.cyclofiend.com/cc/images/cc026-3staydetail.jpg

Grant McLean
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd suggest either a BMX bike, or Freeride/DH bike.

g

fiamme red
05-07-2007, 03:50 PM

gChrome unicycle maybe, with a low-trail geometry? :p

justinf
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
a recumbent?

Ken Robb
05-07-2007, 03:52 PM

g

Yeah, but only if you could get a John Slawta free-form paint job! :cool:

Grant McLean
05-07-2007, 03:58 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xznwtOJfSX8

g

J.Greene
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
My favorite for summer.....

CNY rider
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Hello all. I know this is a very knowledgeable forum in regards to custom bikes and builders.

If Mariposa was building you a bicycle, what would you have them build you? My slot is coming up here shortly and I am undecided.

Thanks.

News Man I got word last week that Mike & Co were starting on my bike.

I'm very excited to say the least.

I'm going with a classic rando bike. Lugged, chromed racks and highlights, whole hog.

WE can trade pix when they're done.

FierteTi52
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Mike Barry's bikes are stunning!! Rando style seems to be the way to go with a Mariposa. Post lots of pictures!
Jeff

rwsaunders
05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
+1 on the DBRK input.

dbrk
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
It's kind of folks to mention me here. Thanks.

I'll pm the sender.

dbrk

fiamme red
05-07-2007, 09:58 PM
My favorite for summer.....Maybe a constructeur version of this (http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/indbikes.html):

Worksman Low Gravity - Model LGP

Mens Low Gravity Pizza Delivery Bike w/ Top Opening Pizza Box. Same as LGB except the 20x20x12" steel cabinet replaces the front basket. Low cost way to deliver Pizza. Also a great way to advertise your Pizza Business by ordering this bike with optional graphics on the cabinet. It becomes both a delivery vehicle and a billboard on wheels.

Climb01742
05-08-2007, 04:53 AM

I'll pm the sender.

dbrk

this is where douglas gets put between a rock and a hard place. someone asks a question. it's right up douglas' knowledge alley. it's about someone douglas knows, admires, likes. but after the recent unpleasantness, should douglas respond? if he does, would some see it as "marketing"? my 2 cents is, douglas' PM enlightened the OP, but the rest of us missed out on some learnin'. the odds of me ever buying a mariposa are, oh, 1.63492%, roughly. so a public post would cost serotta or any builder zero lost sales but i would learn something, my cycling knowledge would be a bit richer. to me, that's the saddest part of the recent chill here. it ain't so much about sales lost or gained, as it is about knowledge lost. imagine all the big words douglas could have used to discribe what mike barry does? i haven't cracked my dictionary in weeks. honestly, how many sales overlaps could there ever be between serotta and mike barry? yet douglas has been made to feel unwelcome to post his insights in response to someone's question. just makes me sad. i think (hope?) there's a new (or is it actually old?) attitude here about going back to the more open atmosphere of days and forum past. where knowledge is more freely and openly shared. come on, douglas, lay some head-scratching verbiage on me/us. let class be in session. i'm dumber for not knowing more about mariposa-like rigs. :D

Serotta PETE
05-08-2007, 05:23 AM
The new drunk on red "sheriff" says PLEASE post and share your knowledge. With our new performance and things we have in store with the FORUM, we need this valuable input from someone we consider a source of information and friendship......

THANKS (ps -- WE mean please post and share with all on the forum,)

PETE (SEROTTA PETE)

I'll pm the sender.

dbrk

Serotta PETE
05-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Climb, we agree!!!! Douglas please post.......and even tell us about the Touersal.... THere were great pictures.

== = POST PLEASE (WE are even updating the server and capacity.)

BEN signed off on the NEW Forum yesterday :banana: He supports the
cycling community and the FORUM with his $$s.. (and I only had to give him one bottle of red when he, Steve, and Dave Powers were at the house the other week. (On second thought he bought the bottle - - we just drank it.)

Yes I will never be accused of not being a BIG and Very biased Serotta fan but that does not mean I do not lust a PEG (especially the one STEVE Hampsten had at the Training Camp), a Goodrich, Kirk, or SACHs.

By the way STEVE, when is the next event you are hosting on west coast. The other one was so good I can hardly wait.

Have a good day. PETE

I was too lazy to sign off Pete Mckeon and sign on to SEROTTA moderator - -- BUT if I must I will, if that what it takes to get Douglas back and posting!!!

this is where douglas gets put between a rock and a hard place. someone asks a question. it's right up douglas' knowledge alley. it's about someone douglas knows, admires, likes. but after the recent unpleasantness, should douglas respond? if he does, would some see it as "marketing"? my 2 cents is, douglas' PM enlightened the OP, but the rest of us missed out on some learnin'. the odds of me ever buying a mariposa are, oh, 1.63492%, roughly. so a public post would cost serotta or any builder zero lost sales but i would learn something, my cycling knowledge would be a bit richer. to me, that's the saddest part of the recent chill here. it ain't so much about sales lost or gained, as it is about knowledge lost. imagine all the big words douglas could have used to discribe what mike barry does? i haven't cracked my dictionary in weeks. honestly, how many sales overlaps could there ever be between serotta and mike barry? yet douglas has been made to feel unwelcome to post his insights in response to someone's question. just makes me sad. i think (hope?) there's a new (or is it actually old?) attitude here about going back to the more open atmosphere of days and forum past. where knowledge is more freely and openly shared. come on, douglas, lay some head-scratching verbiage on me/us. let class be in session. i'm dumber for not knowing more about mariposa-like rigs. :D

dbrk
05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Okay, last night a Foruite named "Serotta" in a pm urged me to write about _anything_ cycling and even matters in the history of philology. There was particular interest between Germanic and Indic languages but I'll leave that for later. Lately I've been a bit reluctant to come out, as Climb says. I have always tried to follow the 55 speed limit, understanding implicitly when speeding is speeding. Good manners are a simple requirement but it's not fun if you feel like you are hiding like an albino penguin in a bowling alley. I hope that pm from "Serotta" wasn't pulling my sphenisciformes leg...I march on.

On Mariposa choices:

I would match the choice of Mariposa to my favorite style of riding--- because you will want to ride your Mariposa aplenty. These are classic bikes. Mike prefers modern bits but if you love the old stuff, he's sometimes the only fella' I know who can really help you. I have a 1961-ish Rene Herse with a Cyclo rear derailleur. Unless you know about the peculiarities of this mechanism, well, it's not likely anyone's local expert mechanic would have much of a clue. And then last year he made me a new bike with a 1954 Campagnolo Paris-Roubaix changer (named after the year that Coppi won the race using this...I think it was '54, don't hold me to that...). My point is that you are in very special company, no matter what you like. Here's what I would do to choose among the more (than these) popular offerings.

If I were the sort who carries little and wants light and versatile, then ask for "Mike's Mountain Bike." The "updated" version uses a custom steel fork, not carbon and the #2 rear rack, which looks like the one on Mike's bike. Check the website. If you are not using a heavy handle bar bag then you don't have to consider front end handling issues that will affect geometry. BTW, don't, just don't talk about the geometry. It's not your business. Leave it to the man. I'd not get lights unless I were using them but Mike's internal wiring solutions are perfect though you could ask for a modern flashlight solution that looks old school but works great. I'm currently of the view that the new battery lights are amazing and should be our first consideration. Before you think that batteries or flashlights aren't old school, please check you Data Book. Ask Mike if he will make a proper mount. We've talked about this a lot and the only draw back to most contemporary lighting options (the ones that are great for light) are the mounts. Most mounts are clumsy, ugly, or just not integrated enough to be elegant. A custom mount is one of Mike's real specialties, a place where his genius shines. I would never skip the fenders on a Mariposa (or any bike but a full on race bike unless I lived where it never rained). Mike makes his own fender stays and they are so far superior to ANY other builder that it's not even close. Mike makes eyelets for the stays and sinks in an allen screw. Sure, that's simple but when was the last time you made your own stainless fender stays with a special braze-on? Not even the best of the best match Mariposa on the fender stay attachment solution.

If I were a randonneur or preferred front carrying then I would get a front carrier and maybe a rear too, like my yellow bike, with lights too---my yellow Mariposa randonneuse might be the most beautiful, detailed bike I own. I parituclarly like a small handlebar rack and a Berthoud mini-bag which holds about as much a banana bag in volume, perhaps a bit more. For generator lights I'd also see if he has any of the Litespin generators 'cause he'll paint them to match the frame. Such coolness never looks precious. Trust that one. For lugs, maybe ask if he will do a single lug head tube all chromed. Singer does this. Mike understands this and likely has the bits to do it in some drawer and might like to do it. It's really really cool.

If I were feeling spunky, I might ask for any of the above in 650B and while Mike will sorta' discourage you ('cause it is sorta' obscure even still...), he might do it. I have two 650B Mariposas and my cyclotouriste is one amazing machine, with a special braze-on for the Simplex shifter's demultiplicator (which works as well as it is fun to say).

But here is what you really want to do. Give Mike an idea of what you want, answer his questions, and try not to over-specify or get too busy body: let the maestro do what he does best and, for the most part, just wait. If you know your size, that's good. If you need sizing help, then answer his questions, tell him how you want the bike to fit (bar to saddle drop?), and then go with what he says or go have a cup of tea before you pick up the phone and get too excited about your knowledge of geometry and design. It's hard to believe that something as simple as a bicycle could be this cool and make you this happy.

Of course, Singer is still the traditional standard for French-style bikes but Mariposa surpasses Singer in every design detail. (I have three Singers, btw, and love the magic.) There are a few others in this League of Extraordinary Artisans, and we all know who they are. We all know Serotta makes really really cool bikes and that they let us love all bicycles, which makes Serotta cooler still.

dbrk

dbrown
05-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Thank you DBRK ( and Serotta). I enjoyed that!

News Man
05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
News Man I got word last week that Mike & Co were starting on my bike.

I'm very excited to say the least.

I'm going with a classic rando bike. Lugged, chromed racks and highlights, whole hog.

WE can trade pix when they're done.

Are you going with integrated lighting?

Sandy
05-08-2007, 07:44 AM
I think that the 55 mph limit you referred to is now 65 or 75, with less speeding tickets, and warnings given with more moderation. Drive on!!

I got my dictionary out right away when I started reading your post- "sphenisciformes"- Wow! I think I figured that one out.

Welcome back my friend!

Sandy

News Man
05-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Okay, last night a Foruite named "Serotta" in a pm urged me to write about _anything_ cycling and even matters in the history of philology. There was particular interest between Germanic and Indic languages but I'll leave that for later. Lately I've been a bit reluctant to come out, as Climb says. I have always tried to follow the 55 speed limit, understanding implicitly when speeding is speeding. Good manners are a simple requirement but it's not fun if you feel like you are hiding like an albino penguin in a bowling alley. I hope that pm from "Serotta" wasn't pulling my sphenisciformes leg...I march on.

On Mariposa choices:

I would match the choice of Mariposa to my favorite style of riding--- because you will want to ride your Mariposa aplenty. These are classic bikes. Mike prefers modern bits but if you love the old stuff, he's sometimes the only fella' I know who can really help you. I have a 1961-ish Rene Herse with a Cyclo rear derailleur. Unless you know about the peculiarities of this mechanism, well, it's not likely anyone's local expert mechanic would have much of a clue. And then last year he made me a new bike with a 1954 Campagnolo Paris-Roubaix changer (named after the year that Coppi won the race using this...I think it was '54, don't hold me to that...). My point is that you are in very special company, no matter what you like. Here's what I would do to choose among the more (than these) popular offerings.

If I were the sort who carries little and wants light and versatile, then ask for "Mike's Mountain Bike." The "updated" version uses a custom steel fork, not carbon and the #2 rear rack, which looks like the one on Mike's bike. Check the website. If you are not using a heavy handle bar bag then you don't have to consider front end handling issues that will affect geometry. BTW, don't, just don't talk about the geometry. It's not your business. Leave it to the man. I'd not get lights unless I were using them but Mike's internal wiring solutions are perfect though you could ask for a modern flashlight solution that looks old school but works great. I'm currently of the view that the new battery lights are amazing and should be our first consideration. Before you think that batteries or flashlights aren't old school, please check you Data Book. Ask Mike if he will make a proper mount. We've talked about this a lot and the only draw back to most contemporary lighting options (the ones that are great for light) are the mounts. Most mounts are clumsy, ugly, or just not integrated enough to be elegant. A custom mount is one of Mike's real specialties, a place where his genius shines. I would never skip the fenders on a Mariposa (or any bike but a full on race bike unless I lived where it never rained). Mike makes his own fender stays and they are so far superior to ANY other builder that it's not even close. Mike makes eyelets for the stays and sinks in an allen screw. Sure, that's simple but when was the last time you made your own stainless fender stays with a special braze-on? Not even the best of the best match Mariposa on the fender stay attachment solution.

If I were a randonneur or preferred front carrying then I would get a front carrier and maybe a rear too, like my yellow bike, with lights too---my yellow Mariposa randonneuse might be the most beautiful, detailed bike I own. I parituclarly like a small handlebar rack and a Berthoud mini-bag which holds about as much a banana bag in volume, perhaps a bit more. For generator lights I'd also see if he has any of the Litespin generators 'cause he'll paint them to match the frame. Such coolness never looks precious. Trust that one. For lugs, maybe ask if he will do a single lug head tube all chromed. Singer does this. Mike understands this and likely has the bits to do it in some drawer and might like to do it. It's really really cool.

If I were feeling spunky, I might ask for any of the above in 650B and while Mike will sorta' discourage you ('cause it is sorta' obscure even still...), he might do it. I have two 650B Mariposas and my cyclotouriste is one amazing machine, with a special braze-on for the Simplex shifter's demultiplicator (which works as well as it is fun to say).

But here is what you really want to do. Give Mike an idea of what you want, answer his questions, and try not to over-specify or get too busy body: let the maestro do what he does best and, for the most part, just wait. If you know your size, that's good. If you need sizing help, then answer his questions, tell him how you want the bike to fit (bar to saddle drop?), and then go with what he says or go have a cup of tea before you pick up the phone and get too excited about your knowledge of geometry and design. It's hard to believe that something as simple as a bicycle could be this cool and make you this happy.

Of course, Singer is still the traditional standard for French-style bikes but Mariposa surpasses Singer in every design detail. (I have three Singers, btw, and love the magic.) There are a few others in this League of Extraordinary Artisans, and we all know who they are. We all know Serotta makes really really cool bikes and that they let us love all bicycles, which makes Serotta cooler still.

dbrk

Thanks so much for that thoughtful reply. The knowledge in this forum is amazing, just amazing.

Thanks all.

CNY rider
05-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Are you going with integrated lighting?

I am definitely going with integrated lighting. Mike is such a master , it would be a shame to go without.

I'm still batting around ideas on exactly what we're going to do for primary and secondary lights.

Do you get Bicycle Quarterly? They have had some great articles on lighting choices.

News Man
05-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I am definitely going with integrated lighting. Mike is such a master , it would be a shame to go without.

I'm still batting around ideas on exactly what we're going to do for primary and secondary lights.

Do you get Bicycle Quarterly? They have had some great articles on lighting choices.

I do get Bicycle Quarterly. What issue are you refering to? I have a Schmidt DynoHub on a Randonneur bike that works very well, but I also like the idea of using modern lighting systems that are integrated properly into the frame.

ispy
05-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I hope that pm from "Serotta" wasn't pulling my sphenisciformes leg...I march on.

On Mariposa choices:

Thanks dbrk! Always great fun to learn from you. This post reminds me of reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez: long and filled with wonderful details, and at the end one wishes it didn't end, just yet...

palincss
05-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Thank you DBRK ( and Serotta). I enjoyed that!

Amen, brother! ++

palincss
05-08-2007, 11:10 AM

Bear in mind, even if you do not plan to ride at night, integrated lighting can come in really handy at times: morning fog; rain; that terrific social ride where lunch stretched out for a couple, three hours and next thing you know, you've got around 45 minutes of daylight left and 30 miles to finish the ride.

Another excellent source for info on lighting is John Bayley and Pamela Blalock's web site, blayleys.com. http://blayleys.com/articles/lights/index.htm
is, for my money, the best article on lighting I've seen on the web.

OldDog
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM
demultiplicator
demultiplicator
demultiplicator
demultiplicator
demultiplicator

That was a Hoot! Thanks Douglas!

And too, :banana: :banana: :banana: to Ben!

rnhood
05-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I have to agree, that was an informative and thoughtful post by dbrk. He certainly seems adept at conveying his passion and knowledge of bicycles and related bits - and in a manner that benefits us all.

I wish I had some of those writing skills. I'm signing up for a creative writing class at my local community college.

slowgoing
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I wish I had some of those writing skills. I'm signing up for a creative writing class at my local community college.

I took creative writing in college. It was a joke. Plus we were always wondering what qualified our particular professor to teach the class. Maybe you'll have better luck.

ispy
05-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Q: How does a demultiplicator work exactly?
It sounds like something straight out of The Phantom Tollbooth!

palincss
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Q: How does a demultiplicator work exactly?
It sounds like something straight out of The Phantom Tollbooth!

According to A. Muzi:
The demultiplicator is just an asymmetric bell crank to
change the leverage/cable travel. I never saw one on a
single, they were intended for tandems to help a long sloppy
shift wire/casing to be more crisp.
http://tinyurl.com/ytqjqn

and Phil Brown said:
It's a typically French device. It reduces cable pull at the RD to
provide greater "feel" at the lever and was provided with Simplex bar
end controls. The feel thing is straight out of a Simplex ad. That said
I have one on a bike and have no trouble shifting 7 speeds with it.
Phil Brown
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ytja2v

PeterW
05-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I own a 2003 Mariposa randonneur that is a direct copy of dbrk's yellow bike. I said to Mike, "Make mine just like that one!"

After four years, I KNOW this bike and ride it a lot. In 2007, a 200K and 300K so far in the brevet series. An Easter trip from DC to Pittsburgh on the C&O Canal and GAP (600K in 3 days off-road). And every day commuting to work.

THE BIKE IS BEYOND. It is the perfect bike for me and it (along with my Della Santa road bike) cured my bike lust permanently. This bike is it. There are just so many ridiculous details. dbrk mentioned the stays. Handlebar bag mount is sick. On and on. I treasure this thing. If anything, it is too nice!

When I ordered my Mariposa, I (after fretting and PMs with dbrk), went with exactly what Mike recommended. Let me mention a few things that I have changed since:

1) Lightspin generator (painted to match with perfect wiring) never worked very well for me. I had one of the ones that had the problem of not staying off the tire. Over a bump, it would slip back onto the tire. I think this problem was common in the first of two generations (or some such).

2) I would have called Mike for a fix, but I also had the minor problem of blowing a bunch of bulbs in the little chromed lights (which are so so great to look at). Yes, no big deal to change bulbs, but #1 plus #2 lead me to rely on battery LEDs. Not perfect (and not as pretty), but foolproof and zero fuss. So, I wouldn't go lightspin and bulbs. Like dbrk, I agree that cool one-off mount for battery LEDs would be terrific.

3) Stem, post, and bars. From the Mariposa bikes I've seen, Mike doesn't use Nitto enough. My bike came with some late model TTT stuff and Campy post. Nowhere near as nice as Nitto two-bolt NJS post (my favorite bit in bikedom), Pearl stem, or any Nitto bars.

4) Mike sent the Arkel handlebar bag. It is a beaut, but over-built and too heavy for my needs. I replaced it with a Berthoud small one. 1.5 pounds lighter.

Also, worth mentioning tire clearance. My Mariposa (like most others, I think) is not built for a range of tire sizes. I doubt that most Mariposas are. Even though I have Mafac centerpulls with plenty of theoretical clearance, the fenders are proper and are mounted for 25-28s. I wouldn't have it any other way ('cause I love PR2 25s). But I mention it because ability to run various sizes is important to some.

Enjoy your Mariposa!

CNY rider
05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
The article in BQ is "Optimizing Headlights with Generator Hubs" by Andreas Oehler in Volume 5 Number 2 page 30.

Bittersweet
05-08-2007, 07:42 PM
snippedI own a 2003 Mariposa randonneur that is a direct copy of dbrk's yellow bike. I said to Mike, "Make mine just like that one!"

PeterW:

While I have had the pleasure of seeing pics of this steed, how about posting photos for others to see? It is a great looking bike and the details are what makes it. Just a suggestion or I'll dip into my old emails and out it myself.

39cross
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
snipped

PeterW:

While I have had the pleasure of seeing pics of this steed, how about posting photos for others to see? It is a great looking bike and the details are what makes it. Just a suggestion or I'll dip into my old emails and out it myself.
Ditto. Sorry, I have to ask, what tires are PR2's?

Bittersweet
05-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Ditto. Sorry, I have to ask, what tires are PR2's?

PR2 = Michelin Pro Race 2. The current in vogue tire on this forum.

Serot
05-08-2007, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=dbrk]Okay, last night a Foruite named "Serotta" in a pm urged me to write about _anything_ cycling and even matters in the history of philology. There was particular interest between Germanic and Indic languages but I'll leave that for later. Lately I've been a bit reluctant to come out, as Climb says. I have always tried to follow the 55 speed limit, understanding implicitly when speeding is speeding. Good manners are a simple requirement but it's not fun if you feel like you are hiding like an albino penguin in a bowling alley. I hope that pm from "Serotta" wasn't pulling my sphenisciformes leg...I march on.

Yes, the PM was sincere. We welcome the passion and knowledge you possess for cycling and the fabulous skill to put that passion into words.

Ahneida Ride
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=dbrk]Okay, last night a Foruite named "Serotta" in a pm urged me to write about _anything_ cycling and even matters in the history of philology. There was particular interest between Germanic and Indic languages but I'll leave that for later. Lately I've been a bit reluctant to come out, as Climb says. I have always tried to follow the 55 speed limit, understanding implicitly when speeding is speeding. Good manners are a simple requirement but it's not fun if you feel like you are hiding like an albino penguin in a bowling alley. I hope that pm from "Serotta" wasn't pulling my sphenisciformes leg...I march on.

Yes, the PM was sincere. We welcome the passion and knowledge you possess for cycling and the fabulous skill to put that passion into words.

Guys and Gals like DBRK are what this forum is all about.
I ride a Serotta because of DBRK.

It is such a privilege to participate here. ;)