PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pete and James

Ray
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't want to restart the old thread, but just want to thank you guys for addressing the issues raised. That makes the whole thing the opposite of a waste of time. There was a disagreement, maybe a misunderstanding. I think taking the step of saying that nothing will be PMed about posts an nothing pulled goes a long way. If there's a problem and Serotta explains the problem in a response post, everyone then sees the rules, the interpretation, etc. We can take it or leave it but at least there won't be all of this crazy suspicion.

And thanks to Dave Kirk for pointing out what seems to have been the reality and calming folks down.

Conflict can serve a purpose if you stick with it and resolve it. Thanks to our gracious hosts for attempting to do just that.

Now if y'all can just get the speed thing worked out...

-Ray

Smiley
04-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Is Serotta Pete the one and the same NC Pete and will both these Pete's be buying Thunderbird at the Giro Del Toga :)

Louis
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks indeed.

If any good came of that mess, it is clear that for many of us (including those who aren't in the industry) cycling is an important part of our lives, and the Serotta Forum is an important part of our cycling.

Louis

PS, Pete, thanks for the explanation. I was just trying to figure out how you fit into the picture, and I thought that if I was wondering other were too.

SoCalSteve
04-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks indeed.

If any good came of that mess, it is clear that for many of us (including those who aren't in the industry) cycling is an important part of our lives, and the Serotta Forum is an important part of our cycling.

Louis

PS, Pete, thanks for the explanation. I was just trying to figure out how you fit into the picture, and I thought that if I was wondering other were too.

+1! Glad its all getting cleared up!!!

Lets put all this behind us now and move on to important cycling stuff...

Steve

slowgoing
04-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, thanks. I gained a lot of respect for Pete, James and Dave Kirk out of the whole mess.

Elefantino
05-01-2007, 07:07 AM
The last word that we were all given was that the thread was going to close at 9 am today. I had made plans to post the final post, a brilliantly written essay about cycling and interpersonal relationships.

Then some "new guy" (first post) closed it at 8:40 p.m. last night.

Fine. You all will just have to figure out life for yourselves.

barry1021
05-01-2007, 08:57 AM
The last word that we were all given was that the thread was going to close at 9 am today. I had made plans to post the final post, a brilliantly written essay about cycling and interpersonal relationships.

Then some "new guy" (first post) closed it at 8:40 p.m. last night.

Fine. You all will just have to figure out life for yourselves.
...an SSAE and two Susan Anthony dollars that I have. Please send me the essay ASAP, I need it. The two dollars is payment so that I get an exclusive. Thx

B21

slowgoing
05-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Pete and James -

If you ever figure out how posts were modified without moderator involvement, please let us know. Who knows, maybe an apology to Andrew on that point is in order.

J.Greene
05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Pete and James -

If you ever figure out how posts were modified without moderator involvement, please let us know. Who knows, maybe an apology to Andrew on that point is in order.

Would that make YOU feel better? Let's move on please.

JG

Bruce K
05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
If Pete is really taking on the position of Moderator than he should either be sainted or locked away in a nut house.

I hereby start the "Send Pete a Bottle of Red" campaign. If every registered member sent Pete a bottle of red for taking on this thankless job, then at least he would be properly medicated for the task for quite some time to come. :rolleyes: ;)

BK

1centaur
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Would that make YOU feel better? Let's move on please.

JG

Actually I think that's a very legitimate question. The legitimacy of editing/moderating/bullying was at the heart of the most contentious thread on this board I have seen, a topic that engaged and drew responses from a lot of people. The supposed prime actor in the drama shows up unaware of it all and says "wasn't me" and now we should go "oh well, forget it then"? Did something real happen or is this mass delusion?

I understand thread fatigue, but neater closure on this topic would give us a better re-start than a mystery that stirs a hundred false conjectures.

Serotta_James
05-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I wish I had some better closure to give you, but I'm afraid right now I don't.
All I can say for certain is that when users were crying foul in the now-infamous thread from yesterday, neither Andrew nor I was near a computer.

Perhaps Alyson has returned to mess with us. Kind of like that nut commercial where Robert Goulet messes with tired office workers.

Right now I'm leaning toward computer issues + 200 emotionally charged posts = confusion.

I'll let you all know what more I find out.

cs124
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Right now I'm leaning toward computer issues + 200 emotionally charged posts = confusion.

To that I'd add pride, self interest and hero-worship.

Good luck James and Pete. Looks like the clubhouse in safe hands.