PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton and Jaksche booted.

cinelli
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Cyclingnews now reports that Tinkoff has suspended Hamilton and Jaksche from the Puerto fallout. Anybody looking for a Giro or Tour ride should apply!

Climb01742
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
velonews is reporting 49 other riders will be named soon, new names added to puerto affair.

David Kirk
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Surprise!

Not so much.

Dave

gdw
04-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Add the 58 riders from the first round and it looks like the Tour might be raced by a bunch of rookies.

J.Greene
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Cyclingnews now reports that Tinkoff has suspended Hamilton and Jaksche from the Puerto fallout. Anybody looking for a Giro or Tour ride should apply!

velonews is refuting this. Tinkoff says they will start the giro.

JG

David Kirk
04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Add the 58 riders from the first round and it looks like the Tour might be raced by a bunch of rookies.

I knew I'd get my chance if I just waited long enough. All the years of riding 3000 miles a year is finally paying off!

See you in the peleton.

Dave

Ginger
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Just remember to refuse to ride those junk carbon forks, tell them you'll build your own. :)

Longdaddy
04-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm starting to view the "Puerto affair" as one might view an insurgency/counter-insurgency.
There is a point, after the "war" is over, that the new occupying power should grant amnesty to those who served in the failed/defeated power and offer to include them in the "reconstruction". This gives them (riders/guerrellas) purpose, direction and motivation to come around and be a part of the solution, but always with the spectre hovering over them that they WILL be crushed if they were to fall back to the "dark side". Having them on "Our" side would also provide the drug "experts" (term used loosly) more "intelligence" on the how the cellular network of the insurgency/drug users works and how to better combat it.

Longdaddy

Erik.Lazdins
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
I knew I'd get my chance if I just waited long enough. All the years of riding 3000 miles a year is finally paying off!

See you in the peleton.

Dave

If the tour goes back to Henri Desgrange's rule that riders must do their own repairs - You should be a favorite.

cinelli
04-30-2007, 12:56 PM

See you in the peleton.

Dave

Order your 2007 Tour commemorative Terraplane today. This is a joke to anyone potentially wanting to have me censored. :)

tch
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM

See you in the peleton.

Dave
So...lessee...since the TDF is about 3,000 miles, are you saying that you'll be hitting Paris some time in December......?
:D

Elefantino
04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm shocked, shocked!

Now it's time for Tyler to retire, write his book admitting everything and become the herald for a new, clean era in cycling.

(Not gonna happen.)

pdxmech13
04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
This three ringed circus is begining to be a real yawner. The only thing that has happened with all this hot steam is cover up 2 solid weeks of good racing. If these monkeys would get there heads outta there bumms and start promoting cycling again and not soap opera's maybe big tours and little tours could find sponsors to have there beloved events. The whole thing is silly and its time to sweep it all under the rug.

shaq-d
05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
This three ringed circus is begining to be a real yawner. The only thing that has happened with all this hot steam is cover up 2 solid weeks of good racing. If these monkeys would get there heads outta there bumms and start promoting cycling again and not soap opera's maybe big tours and little tours could find sponsors to have there beloved events. The whole thing is silly and its time to sweep it all under the rug.

i agree 100%

sd

BarryG
05-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Tyler is caught in his very own Groundhog Day comedy, deja vu all over again :crap:

William
05-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Man. All that denial and posturing just to have the wicked monkey finger come pointing his way again.

He should have admitted it the first time around and spilled the beans on the whole shebang. At least he might have salvaged some respect.

William

BarryG
05-01-2007, 07:25 AM
he might have salvaged some respect.
Yes, and salvaged his career - by a transparent double jeopardy defense, which ain't gonna play so well now.

Elefantino
05-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Tyler is caught in his very own Groundhog Day comedy, deja vu all over again :crap:

Bing!

OldDog
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Coke, smack, weed or performance enhancing drugs, a doper is a doper. And someday it always comes back around to bite you in the ars.

William
05-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Man! I feel like I'm in a pinball machine with all the "Bings!" flying around. ;)

Coke, smack, weed or performance enhancing drugs, a doper is a doper. And someday it always comes back around to bite you in the ars.

To true.

William