PDA

View Full Version : Happy ending, feel good LBS story

rePhil
04-29-2007, 11:12 AM
I buy very little from my LBS. It didn't use to be that way, there was a time when I bought all my kids bikes and my first two real road bikes from them. In the beginning it was the owners son I dealt with.We were the same age and sort of connected. Through the years (easily over 25) the son gradually took over the business, until he became the owner. I liked bikes and he liked boats and there were times we could spend an easy hour talking about the others industry.
I seldom go in anymore unless it's one of those last minute gotta haves, and even those times are very rare.
Last week one of the family beaters suffered from a broken axle. I was surprised to find they didn't have one in stock, (7 speed Shimano freewheel)
The lead mechanic told me he could have one in two days. Great no problem. I show up 4 days later to discover him opening the box as I walked in.Just in time he says...only to find they shorted him the axle. It was there on the invoice but no where to be found. About this time the owner walked back, and overheard what was going on. He walked over to the parts drawer and pulled out a nice shiny used hub and handed it to me and asked if it that would be OK..... No charge of course.

soulspinner
04-30-2007, 06:02 AM
My guys the same way. I broke a spoke. Went in to pick up the wheel and picked up a water bottle and went to check out. Ten bucks for both. He matches internet when he can, too.