PDA

View Full Version : ToV

musgravecycles
04-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Anyone following the Tour of Virginia? I am especially interested because I grew up there, those are my home roads, and they passed by the entrance to my parents driveway in Montebello.

Here is the stage description:

"Thursday’s Stage 4 is the “Queen Stage” of the Tour of Virginia, and any pretender to the overall victory will have to prove himself in this most difficult of all stages. Leaving from beautiful Douthat State Park, the course threads the beautiful Maury River gorge before tackling the Blue Ridge twice: first at the Category 1 climb of Montebello, then descending into scenic Nelson County and crossing the viciously steep east slope of Reed’s Gap, scene of much drama during the now-defunct Tour DuPont race of the 1990s. The course descends the final few miles to the City of Waynesboro, first sponsor and venue of the Tour of Shenandoah, and the only venue to host all 5 editions of the race."

Wish I could have been there:D

stevep
04-28-2007, 02:45 PM
great race. my team has done it the last 3 years. we are doing well this year.
blue and pink. good event, good roads, very tough race.

ThasFACE
04-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I didn't go. I'm an idiot. I live in Lexington right now and could have skipped to the time trial at natural bridge; that's how close it is. Oh well.

The riding around here is great, though.

Tom Byrnes
04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
I followed the Tour on a daily basis. My local, amateur cycling club (Kahala La Grange of West Los Angeles) was invited to participate in the Tour of Virginia and surprisingly, one of its sprinters, Jonathan Cantwell, won two stages (5 & 6)!! By the way, Kayle Leogrande, the tattooed Rock Racing sprinter who was relegated in Stage 6, rode for Kahala La Grange last year when he won the U.S. National Crit.

Not bad for a purely amateur team riding against the bigger boys.