PDA

View Full Version : Attitude of drivers

Keith A
06-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Check out this message thread that is on a local (to me) surfing forum. This guy "StormSurfer" thinks it is fun to intimidate cyclists. Read more at 2nd Light Forum (http://www.2ndlight.com/forum42ndlight/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=12255)

alembical
06-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Keith, just to let you know, the link does not work for me. (off topic, did you ever get the Paramount repainted?)

Alembical

Keith A
06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
The link is fixed now. On the Paramount, the painter never contacted me -- even after I e-mailed him a couple of times.

shinomaster
06-08-2004, 05:03 PM
hey alembicle are yo ugoing for a ride today? Is it gonna rain?

alembical
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Shino,
While the weather would be great for a ride, I still can not ride. I had a knee surgery that went bad (to put it mildly) and can not quite yet get the pedals to turn over, but I am gettting close. Probably a week away from the trainer, then 2 or so weeks from the road. But when I get better, we should go for a ride sometime. I believe we live close (35th and Gladstone).

KeithA,
Everytime I have seen Dean, he has mentioned that getting in contact with you was high on his list. The guy is real busy. The only times I ever talked to him was when I stopped by or was leaving a voice mail message and he picked up. I never got an email response at all either. If I can do anything for you, let me know. I literally drive one block from his shop on the way home from work.

Alembical

shinomaster
06-08-2004, 05:52 PM
sooo sorry to hear of your bum knee..yes we will ride. I live at 30th and Belmont so yep we are close. I have a bum knee too so it will be a good ride.

Get well soon!

Shino

alembical
06-08-2004, 05:57 PM
It is funny, well not really funny but...., when you had said that you live down the street from Stumptown, I immediatly thought Division & 45th or so. Oh well, we are still close.

Alembical

Dekonick
06-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Heh - just read the forums on that link you posted. It looks like that kid is 'marked' for retribution. I sure hope he has not actually done what he says he has done.

Either way, I think he might be re-thinking his actions... :D

shinomaster
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
yeah, SE. is so small that it is still only 5 minutes away..gotta love stumptown!

I'm heading out the springwater trail to Boring...Hope it doesn't rain!!

BumbleBeeDave
06-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Poor little “Stormsurfer” certainly seems to be in the dog house. The really unfortunate thing here is that there are plenty of other people just like him out there and several of them are probably his parents. I don’t believe he just picked up attitudes like this by magic . . .

BBDave

Bill Bove
06-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Kieth,

I used to meet up with a bunch of guys at Mathers bridge every morning to ride up and down Tropical Trail. A couple of jerks started to harrass us, this went on for a week or two, we traced them to a tire and repair shop in So. Patrick. We went in and asked to see his boss. This guy starts calling us names that really hurt our feelings, his boss comes out and three of my buddys who lived in Indian Harbor, who were customers of his handed over their receipts, his was the only shop in town so it amounted to a small pile and told him that his employee had caused him to lose their business. The boss wanted to know what he could do to get it back, they said forget it, that they didn't want to see that jerk again. We never saw that guys car parked at that shop again.

Keith A
06-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Bill,

I've ridden up in that area a number of times and parts of Tropical Trail aren't the best for cycling -- too many cars. I usually stick to southern Brevard County which has less traffic (for now). This place is growing much too fast!

BTW, the forum moderators yanked that thread this morning -- no reasons given.