PDA

View Full Version : kool stop pads w/ Campy

shinomaster
06-08-2004, 04:12 PM
I finally replaced the extremely worn pad on my chorus brakes with koolstop campy 2000 pads. They stop so much better it is amazing what new pads can do.
But, they are a bit wider than the braking surface on my Zonda wheels. So I'm wondering if I should trim a mm off the pads so they fit better or if I should let the pads rub above or below the braking surface, or if I should take them back and get campy pads.. Any thoughts? I really don't want to rub away the black on the rims. Hmmmm...

Love always,

Especially you Boston Drunk,

Shinomaster :banana: :crap:

BigMac
06-08-2004, 04:31 PM
You could return the Campy2000 pads and purchase the Salmon cartridge pad insert designed to fit OEM Campy shoes. These will provide the much improved modulation and power of Koolstop while also providing OEM size brake blocks which should provide more than enough braking power. If you think the Koolstops are good now, wait till you try them in the rain -- night & day improvement over stock Campy blocks.

Ride on! :banana: :banana: :banana:

shinomaster
06-08-2004, 05:56 PM
thanks MAC..I fixed the problem with a xacto knife. I put the pads on my atlanta which I seldom ride in the rain (even though I berate it constantly) so No need for the Salmon pads even though I'm in the fish bowl that is Portland Oregon.. They stop really well...not as well as my Mavic brakes which I can lock up with one finger but close.

regards,

Shino :beer: