PDA

View Full Version : i'm sorry, but am i noticing a fixed forum?

eddief
04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
i've had two relatively fast page openings in the last 5 minutes.

dgauthier
04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Ye , e ryth ng's w rkin p rf ctly!

Ahneida Ride
04-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Sill slow ....

Ahneida Ride
04-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Still slow ....

Ahneida Ride
04-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Still slow ....

thwart
04-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Better... a little. But not there yet. :confused:

Karin Kirk
04-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Apparently now we have some sort of bug that posts things in triplicate, eh?

Kevin
04-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Incredibly slow.

Kevin

William
04-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Yep, yep, and yep.

And still getting Database error pages.

William

keno
04-27-2007, 06:36 AM
it took to get into this thread is faster, then yes.

keno

kestrel
04-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Bah, I wasted 90 seconds of my life thinking Serotta was going to have a fixed "gear" forum.....

still slow....

William
04-27-2007, 07:24 AM
It took about 3.5 minutes to get logged on. If we can't have a first class forum...we might as well pull the plug.

William

;) Just busting your chops on the plug comment. Though it really did take 3.5+ minutes to get logged on though.

keno
04-27-2007, 07:52 AM
should last as long as it takes to get on the forum.

But William, you have to give them a break as they're stretched pretty thin up there.

keno

AgilisMerlin
04-27-2007, 07:53 AM
i hope the forum slows way down then :D

Serotta PETE
04-27-2007, 07:58 AM
still s-l-o-w

Climb01742
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
is this a troubling trend...not really addressing the forum issues...cancelling open house...i wonder if serotta understands what powerful marketing tools these things are? yes, they take up energy, resources and money but marketing is valuable.

Len J
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
is this a troubling trend...not really addressing the forum issues...cancelling open house...i wonder if serotta understands what powerful marketing tools these things are? yes, they take up energy, resources and money but marketing is valuable.

ad exec. :)

I agree BTW........

Len

PS....it's not fixed yet.

Climb01742
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
i am biased, len, that's for sure. but building awesome bikes is only half the challenge. selling them is the other half. this forum and open house are great tools and cost-effective ones, too.

RABikes2
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Yep, yep, and yep.
And still getting Database error pages. William
It seems...Serotta.com loads quickly, but then from there it's...s-l-o-w to almost standstill (database error pages & Website not responding) to get on the forum. It took 4+ minutes to get here...

Cuz William... :confused:
Cuz RA

CNY rider
04-27-2007, 10:28 AM

Climb I think the ball has been dropped......and the people involved realize it. I can think of a few specific things; one that sticks out is Ben's letter last fall to Owner's Club members promising more focus and events to involve us and generate excitement. Nothing has come of that. Also, the slow forum and now the cancellation of Open House.
Hiring Leslie and cancelling an event that might not have gone well for lack of good planning seem like positive steps. I think folks at the mother ship can see the problems that exist, and I have confidence that they're going to fix them. I've never been disappointed in Serotta the company until the last few months, and I don't think they're going to let things stay the way they are. There's too much of a commitment to excellence that starts at the top.

Len J
04-27-2007, 10:58 AM
i am biased, len, that's for sure. but building awesome bikes is only half the challenge. selling them is the other half. this forum and open house are great tools and cost-effective ones, too.

As I said...I'm with Ya.

I prefer to believe that they are recognizing this......their actions in the near future will speak volumes.

Len

William
04-27-2007, 11:03 AM
It seems...Serotta.com loads quickly, but then from there it's...s-l-o-w to almost standstill (database error pages & Website not responding) to get on the forum. It took 4+ minutes to get here...

Cuz William... :confused:
Cuz RA

Aways trying to beat me huh cuz. Well, it took me 4:37.112 minutes to log on this time. Beat that Cuz!!! :p

Cuz William ;)

Serotta_Andrew
04-27-2007, 11:49 AM
looks like the latest fix... well did not fix.......I am working with the host and may just drop them and move on to a new host server if this is not fixed soon

thwart
04-27-2007, 12:11 PM
looks like the latest fix... well did not fix.......I am working with the host and may just drop them and move on to a new host server if this is not fixed soon Has atmo left the building? I would bet this is all related.
It sounds selfish---no, it is selfish... but I look forward to the insights from some important people in the bike industry who post here.

The syrup-like, frustrating nature of dealing with this server :crap: has undoubtedly driven some folks away... perhaps a few of them we really need?

72gmc
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I have a lot of appreciation for this forum and everything this company does to build community. These are "extra energy" activities, so highs and lows are probably unavoidable.

Thanks for the effort, Andrew and crew.