PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kimmage?

bostondrunk
06-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I was just discussing this fine author with another esteemed member of this forum....
Whatever happend to the ol bugger? Is he a journalist now?? :beer:

Bill Bove
06-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Director sportif G.S.Betty Ford.

bostondrunk
06-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Bill,
Do me a favour and don't be joking around about my dream job <burp>!!!

Bill Bove
06-08-2004, 07:45 PM
B.D. get out of that wannabe, foo foo, bar The Black Rose and down 'em with the real men at The 3 O's and spell Favor like a real 'merican.

Roy E. Munson
06-09-2004, 06:16 AM
The 3 O's? Where is that?

Bill Bove
06-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Dohchista. Wear a shamrock on the turned up collar of your barracuda jacket.

Roy E. Munson
06-09-2004, 09:45 AM
It was called Triple O's, and it was a mob hangout. They would take your shamrock and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine!

Bill Bove
06-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah, you're right. The sign outside had three O's on it, the locals called it Tripple O's. I used to go in there with some friends from the naborhood. Not really my kind of place, I was trying to think of a real local only bar. Is it still open? I think Whitey Bulger lives down here now. Somebody tell the FBI. What was the the bar that Reagan stopped in and had a beer that time? Ballsey move, the most democratic naborhood in the most democratic city in the most democratic state. Like him or not, the guy had a lot class.

bostondrunk
06-09-2004, 11:33 AM
So does anyone know what my buddy Kimmage is up to?!

davids
06-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Bill,

I think you've been gone too long - Come back and see the Blarney Stone c.2004. An open-air patio, crusing singles, and the best nachos in town. Another data point: My neighbors just sold their 2 bedroom condo for $280,000.

Bill Bove
06-09-2004, 01:54 PM
I have been gone a long time. Do any of these places still exsist?

Cambridge; InnSquare Mens Bar, Oxford Ale House, The Wursthaus, Jacks, The Plough and Stars, Passim, T.T. Bears, Grendal's Den.

Boston; Harpers Ferry, Pauls Mall, The Rat, either Cask and Flagon, Green St. Station.

I heard they tore down the B.U. Armory, I remember when the Guard still owned it and the track was painted on the cement floor. An hour before an indoor track meet, they would start up all the trucks, drive outside then close the doors real quick so it wouldn't get cold inside.

Andreu
06-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Check out:

http://www.scuonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1557

my old cycling union too!
A

davids
06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I have been gone a long time. Do any of these places still exsist?

Cambridge; InnSquare Mens Bar, Oxford Ale House, The Wursthaus, Jacks, The Plough and Stars, Passim, T.T. Bears, Grendal's Den.

Boston; Harpers Ferry, Pauls Mall, The Rat, either Cask and Flagon, Green St. Station.

I heard they tore down the B.U. Armory, I remember when the Guard still owned it and the track was painted on the cement floor. An hour before an indoor track meet, they would start up all the trucks, drive outside then close the doors real quick so it wouldn't get cold inside.

More are gone than remain... Here are the ones I know: Green Street, Plough & Stars, Passim and TT's soldier on. Wursthaus and Grendal's are definitely gone. Harvard Square is steadliy losing its character. Central Square is, too. The Rat succumbed to a luxury hotel a few years back (Imagine - luxury hotel and condos in Kenmore Square!) Hey, if Dorchester is going upscale, nothing's safe.

I'm definitely of two minds on the whole thing - I don't mind living in a quieter, cleaner, safer (?) neighborhood. And Lord knows Dorchester is still a melting pot par excellence! But funky and cheap is good. And where will my kid go when she's 19 or 24 and looking for fun?

Roy E. Munson
06-09-2004, 02:25 PM
And where will my kid go when she's 19 or 24 and looking for fun?

Send her to my house!!

Bill Bove
06-09-2004, 02:39 PM
The Rat is gone, oh man. I had so much good clean fun in that place.
My Dad was in the army and WWII with the guy who opened the Wursthaus, decent food, super selection of beer. Always a great place to meet up before going out. Some of the stiens along the wall were my dads.

Ever get out to Worcester? There was a place called alternately Ralph's, The Chadwick Square Diner or The Blue Moon Salloon. Central Mass's coolest spot. I dated a girl who was going to Tuft's vet school out that way. Lots of laps around the Wachusett res and up the mountain.

davids
06-09-2004, 02:56 PM
And where will my kid go when she's 19 or 24 and looking for fun?

Send her to my house!!
I said "fun". Not abuse.