PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News, Giro Del Toga replaces Open House !

Smiley
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I have already posted on the Serotta Announcement about the cancellation of the Open House but feel I need to make notice here:

I mean this directed to my fellow forumites and Serotta owners planning on coming to Saratoga or as we have just Dubbed it "Giro Del Toga". This Open House weekend was always about a gathering of good friends and making new ones. Pete, myself and others really wanted to make this happen and we were intent on doing it with or without Serotta. The fact is we had volunteered our help to the gang at Serotta to make this weekend happen. It ends up that we are going to do what we set off to do last January when the plans were put in motion. Before any of you even think of not coming to Saratoga Springs this June PLEASE take a minute and think about the friendships you have made and the fun you have had meeting all the folks at these various gatherings.
Our Giro Del Toga will be no step child to the Open House Event, my estimate is it will be spectacular and I have already had many great Serotta employee's and great people from Saratoga Springs call to help us to pull this event off. So Please we can use your help in any way possible BUT most important is we need you to show up cause I will be there and so will others.
My Man BBDave is our route coordinator and he has already marked out some great roads for us to travel on. Karl and Gail from the Springs Motel will be our HQ and more then likely the spot we will call party central at Toga.
Please register on our e-vite so we can get a head count and keep you up-dated with the many exciting events we plan to have while at the Springs. If you thought Nottrott was great then you ain't seen nothing yet. Please I beg you all to give this movement a chance to work out and IF you really wanted to make new friends and reunite with old ones and have some laughs along the way then Sign up for Giro DEL TOGA and lets make it happen in June of this year.

Thanks from Smiley, Karen, Pete, BBDave and the others that will sure join the movement to pitch in and help out.

Event Invite (http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/magoo252@comcast.net/girodeltoga)

See you in Saratoga Springs

David Kirk
05-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Looks like I can make it. I look forward to seeing you all and riding some kick butt roads in my old neighborhood.

See you soon.

Dave

Smiley
05-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Dave do we need to bring our MTB's so you can show us Karin's favorite trails :)

Climb01742
05-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Looks like I can make it. I look forward to seeing you all and riding some kick butt roads in my old neighborhood.

See you soon.

Dave

cool! it will be swell to finally meet you, dave. you'll recognize me as the butt you'll be kicking. ;)

Len J
05-23-2007, 07:22 AM
cool! it will be swell to finally meet you, dave. you'll recognize me as the butt you'll be kicking. ;)

Very cool...

No-climb, it will be a group he will be kicking.

Looking forward to it

Len

David Kirk
05-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Dave do we need to bring our MTB's so you can show us Karin's favorite trails :)

I wish I could bring two bikes. The mountain biking in the area is world class and some of it wonderfully remote.

So unless you want to throw some cross tires on I think we'll be in the road.

Looking forward to it all.

Dave

Serotta PETE
05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
It will be good to meet and have wine with you... :beer:

David Kirk
05-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Wine - Merlot
Beer - Stout
Hard liquor - Whiskey

See..........I'm flexible.

Dave

Serotta_Andrew
05-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Wine - Merlot
Beer - Stout
Hard liquor - Whiskey

Dave

Dave,

if you would like to show up a few days early... we will let you do some brazin... wait... wait..here it comes.... for free!!! now that is a deal!!!! or you can go fishing with Kelly.

David Kirk
05-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Fishing's cool.

Kelly can fish and I'll sit and soak up the sun and tell lies.

Give him my best and tell him I'll be coming to bother him.

Dave

93legendti
05-27-2007, 07:04 AM
I just cancelled my reservation, as my 14 month old has convinced me he hates planes (and boats) so there is another room open at the Springs.

Sandy
05-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Wine - Merlot
Beer - Stout
Hard liquor - Whiskey

Dave

Careful Dave!

Wine on Friday.
Beer on Saturday.
Hard liquor on Sunday.
Jail on Monday....

:banana: Sipping Shlitz Sandy :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
. . . if I grab LegendTi's room?

BBDave

William
06-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Unfortunate news for me folks,

Mrs William is going to have to go to London on business next weekend. She leaves Saturday and won't be back until Wednesday. Obviously this puts the kybosh on my coming out for the Giro. I'll be playing Mr. Mom instead. I was really looking forward to coming out to visit again and get some riding in with friends.....though a few of you will probably be relieved I can't make it......heh heh heh. ;) :D Next year. :)

Ray (aka: AR), you are the best my friend!! Until next time.

Pete, please share my bottle of Merlot with the clan. Have a fun, safe time every one!!!

William