PDA

View Full Version : San Diego forumites !!!

gasman
04-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Help-

I will be at a conference in San Diego on May 3-6. After looking at the full series of lectures and workshops I realized I will be completely bonkers (more than I am already) by Saturday afternoon and will need to get out some. I don't have a travel bike and I throw myself on the mercy of the court. Would anyone be willing to join me on a ride and loan me a bike ? In return I'll buy you a good meal and drink(s).

Thanks everyone.

Ken Robb
04-24-2007, 11:43 PM
as I said to kevan today: my collection is open . What size do you need?

gasman
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
I ride a 58-59.

Thanks

PM sent

Ken Robb
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I think we can fit you. Where is your conference?

gasman
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll be at the SD Marriot Hotel and Marina.

dave thompson
04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Gas, Ken is old and has a busted wing. He's all stoved up so just bring a U-Haul. You can pick up all his bikes and bring them back with you. He won't be needing them anymore.

Ken Robb
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Gas, Ken is old and has a busted wing. He's all stoved up so just bring a U-Haul. You can pick up all his bikes and bring them back with you. He won't be needing them anymore.

WE JUST HAVE TO GET A "FINGER" EMOTICON so I can communicate with Dave. :p

gasman
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=dave thompson]Gas, Ken is old and has a busted wing. He's all stoved up so just bring a U-Haul. You can pick up all his bikes and bring them back with you. He won't be needing them anymore.[/QUOTE)

I think the attached is the finger, er thumb needed

gasman
05-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I want to thank Ken for loaning me his beautiful Legend-I had never ridden one and now I know why everyone loves the bike so much.
What a wonderful group of people here- I call, show up and Ken not only loans me a bike that fits great but he points me in the right direction for an awesome ride up the California coast out of San Diego. It was the typical horrible Saturday afternoon in S. Cal- sunny in the 60's to low 70's with a bit of wind. I probably saw 200 or more riders on my 50 mile out and back ride. The drivers gave riders room and there were no horns or one finger waves-very cool.
You S Cal riders are so lucky-no fenders on your bikes !!!

I did try to distract Ken and steal his bikes but he is way too smart for those tricks.

Ken Robb
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Gee, and this praise from a guy who regularly rides a Calfee!

I got a lot of pleasure seeing someone else enjoy one of my bikes since I've been out of action for a couple of months. Today I have my 4 week post-operation meeting with the orthopod who fixed my shoulder and I hope to get the ok to ride.

The good karma engendered by this site has really worked for me. I've loaned bikes to visitors here and borrowed bikes from forumites elsewhere. Everyone I have met has been someone I could be good pals with if we lived near each other. They may have different opinions about me? :rolleyes: :beer: :banana: